The Dark Knight

knightni

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)

The voice was annoying at the beginning, but I got used to it. Didn't really affect my opinion much.

The 2nd one...my guess is, he put the seat-belt on...thats all I got.

I don't think the makes saw potential for a movie all about Two-Face.

And the busted glass had nothing to do with Jokers escape, IIRC.

Um, the busted glass is what he used to f***ing hold against turdboy's throat. I saw it coming a mile away. Joker likes sharp objects... Batman busts head into glass, glass laying everywhere, let's "beat" Joker up even though kickass Batman pounds him in the f***ing face, but turdboy thinks he can do more than Batman does. Hilarious.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
Plot Holes:

Batman speaking as "batman" to Lucious. Come the f*** on. That voice STILL must hurt your throat, Lucious knows your secret, just talk like Bruce f***ing Wayne.

Two Face flips coin, italian dude is "ok" so he flips again... shoots driver, car flips everyone dead. Um, soooooo Two Face was IN THE f***ING CAR!!! Why did he not get f***ed up?

The whole Two Face thing was forced and sped up and he should have been saved for another movie.

The whole leaving Joker in a holding cell with ONE DUDE in front of BUSTED GLASS no one's that retarded.

However, all that being said, I adored the movie and will buy it the day it came out, and MIGHT see it again in the theaters. I wish there was more Bruce Wayne down time, but it was what it was and Ledger deserves a posthumous nod.

The man was in character. Give him a break

:)

The whole thing in the car. Don't you remember Dent putting on his seat belt right before he shot the driver? The mobster had no seat belt on after he got in the car and they never showed the driver so we have no idea about him.

Ok, I agree that part was kinda retarded. Not sure why they never put the cuffs back on him after Bats left.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)

Um, the busted glass is what he used to f***ing hold against turdboy's throat. I saw it coming a mile away. Joker likes sharp objects... Batman busts head into glass, glass laying everywhere, let's "beat" Joker up even though kickass Batman pounds him in the f***ing face, but turdboy thinks he can do more than Batman does. Hilarious.

I missed the shard of glass. I just assumed for no good reason that it was a knife. As far as turdboy thinking he could beat the s*** out of Joker, well, I credit that to Jokers ability to get into peoples head. Though only putting 1 guard on him in the 1st place is pretty dumb.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)

I missed the shard of glass. I just assumed for no good reason that it was a knife. As far as turdboy thinking he could beat the s*** out of Joker, well, I credit that to Jokers ability to get into peoples head. Though only putting 1 guard on him in the 1st place is pretty dumb.

Especially in a locked room. I didn't get why they needed to leave someone in there.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)

Especially in a locked room. I didn't get why they needed to leave someone in there.

Well, you figure the Joker is unarmed, and probably a little roughed up. Its a locked holding cell...1 guy inside should probably do. But obviously they were wrong, and the shattered glass doesn't help.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)

My biggest complaint was not having them keep Two Face alive, if they didn't think a movie focused on him would work, then they should've at least had him carry over and have a fight scene with Batman in the next movie.

I have a sneaking suspicion Two Face isn't dead. I could see some sort of Michael Myer like comeback for the next movie...if there is one.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)

My biggest complaint was not having them keep Two Face alive, if they didn't think a movie focused on him would work, then they should've at least had him carry over and have a fight scene with Batman in the next movie.

Two Face isn't necessarily dead. Although it would be incredibly stupid if he is brought back. That fall would not necessarily killed him and we had the earlier seen where the mobster was dropped and just broke his legs from a similar height.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)

Two Face isn't necessarily dead. Although it would be incredibly stupid if he is brought back. That fall would not necessarily killed him and we had the earlier seen where the mobster was dropped and just broke his legs from a similar height.

something about your spoiler tag is messed up, I dont know what it is, but your

spoilers

are

spoiled

edit: I see you fixed it now

Edited by kyyle23

Did anyone else have problems with people clapping in the theater? Seemed like every time something cool or from the trailer happened, people clapped. It wasn't necessarily a problem, or annoying...just weird.

When Batman ejected from the Tumbler on the BatPod, people clapped.

When the big black prisoner threw the detonator out of the ship, people clapped.

When the semi-trailer flipped, people clapped.

When the movie ended, people clapped. ;)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)

Dude. Two Face is dead. They held a huge memorial for Harvey Dent. The dude died, Batman took the blame... Two Face, as far as this storyline is considered, is old news.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)

Dude. Two Face is dead. They held a huge memorial for Harvey Dent. The dude died, Batman took the blame... Two Face, as far as this storyline is considered, is old news.

Harvey Dent is dead, Two Face may not be. But I agree it is extremely unlikely he is still alive.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)

any comic book character can be mysteriously revived, highly unlikely in this case, but not impossible

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 02:06 AM)
Just got back.

4.IMAX was incredible. I don't know if anyone got the same feeling as I did when in IMAX, but the very first shot of the movie, it was breathtaking in IMAX. You get such a wide scope of how big this movie really is in that first shot. Incredible.

ABSOLUTELY! The IMAX experience only made it that much better. That screen is monstrous and the bass of the movie makes you feel almost like a part of the movie. It was just an overall incredible experience.

So I've been thinking, if they made a 3rd one...which direction do they go in?

Batman is now the bad guy in Gotham and Gordon is supposed to be hunting him down. Would they revive Two Face? Would they introduce someone like The Riddler? Would they bring back a Poison Ivy or Mr. Freeze? What about something about Falconi getting out of Arkham? How about someone totally out of the blue like Harley Quinn or Black Mask? I know Nolan and Bale have completely ruled out Robin being introduced, and Nolan also doesn't like the Penguin much at all.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 01:24 AM)
ABSOLUTELY! The IMAX experience only made it that much better. That screen is monstrous and the bass of the movie makes you feel almost like a part of the movie. It was just an overall incredible experience.

So I've been thinking, if they made a 3rd one...which direction do they go in?

Batman is now the bad guy in Gotham and Gordon is supposed to be hunting him down. Would they revive Two Face? Would they introduce someone like The Riddler? Would they bring back a Poison Ivy or Mr. Freeze? What about something about Falconi getting out of Arkham? How about someone totally out of the blue like Harley Quinn or Black Mask? I know Nolan and Bale have completely ruled out Robin being introduced, and Nolan also doesn't like the Penguin much at all.

There is one recurring character in the movies who can come back, and he is known to be one of Batmans greatest nemesis, Scarecrow. They havent even scratched the surface of what Scarecrow is about and what he can do. Of course, people arent going to want that, so it will probably bring in someone like the Riddler or Catwoman. If you remember, Lucious Fox said the suit was pretty much dog-proof, but not Cat-proof, maybe it was a hint.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 06:56 AM)

There is one recurring character in the movies who can come back, and he is known to be one of Batmans greatest nemesis, Scarecrow. They havent even scratched the surface of what Scarecrow is about and what he can do. Of course, people arent going to want that, so it will probably bring in someone like the Riddler or Catwoman. If you remember, Lucious Fox said the suit was pretty much dog-proof, but not Cat-proof, maybe it was a hint.

Harvey Dent is dead, but not Two-Face? Ok, so is two-face now using someone else's body as the host? Two-face doesn't have a seperate heart from Harvey Dent, or seperate organs. He's not a spirit. To say that Harvey is dead, but Two-Face is alive is ridiculous.

:lolhitting

I guess Rachel is still alive too then. SMH

Harvey's dead. His death is the basis of the movie. It's the reason why Batman has to run now.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 07:38 AM)

Harvey Dent is dead, but not Two-Face? Ok, so is two-face now using someone else's body as the host? Two-face doesn't have a seperate heart from Harvey Dent, or seperate organs. He's not a spirit. To say that Harvey is dead, but Two-Face is alive is ridiculous.

:lolhitting

I guess Rachel is still alive too then. SMH

Harvey's dead. His death is the basis of the movie. It's the reason why Batman has to run now.

Anything can happen in the comics. There are plenty of scenarios where Dents body could have been taken away and nobody would know(crooked cops, Jokers henchmen, etc.). And if you think about it, it kind of makes sense that Two Face would come back in a third movie, so that the Public would realize that Batman actually was the hero and Two Face was the villain at the end of the movie.

Im not saying its gonna happen, but I wouldnt be surprised if it did happen.

QUOTE (TheOcho @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)

Joker lied... he knew batman would go for Rachel but he needed her to die in order for Dent to break.

But the Joker did not lie because when Dent became Two Face, that's where he took Gordon's family. Batman went after Dent, because Batman does "what's right" not the human thing to do.

I thought the movie was good, but not Oscar worthy. Heath Ledger rocked this role because the character was written amazingly, not because he was any creepier than any other guy would be in that kind of face. He does a good job, but people are only saying Oscar because he's dead.

Christian Bale, by the way, is American Psycho all over again in this movie. I kept expecting him to tell Harvey Dent that Whitney Houston's first album had five number one singles and sold 14 million copies.

I wish Harvey Dent had been in Batman Begins working in Internal Affairs. I thought that the sub plot between him and Gordon was quite intriguing and deserved more of a role in the creation of Two Face. I also think that Two Face's freakout really should have been another film... because there was a lot there that could have been, and wasn't.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)

But the Joker did not lie because when Dent became Two Face, that's where he took Gordon's family. Batman went after Dent, because Batman does "what's right" not the human thing to do.

Why do you think that Batman went after Dent, as he ran out of the room he said he was going after Rachel and told Gordon to go after Dent. How is saving Dent more right than saving Dawes? I still think that the Joker lied to Batman to make him go after Dent

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 09:30 AM)
I thought the movie was good, but not Oscar worthy. Heath Ledger rocked this role because the character was written amazingly, not because he was any creepier than any other guy would be in that kind of face. He does a good job, but people are only saying Oscar because he's dead.

I couldnt disagree with you more on this.I dont know any other actor that could have delivered the little subtle details in his lines and mannerism's as Ledger did.He was absolutely stunning and frankly I wasnt even thinking about him being dead, I had no emotional attachment to him.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
I couldnt disagree with you more on this.I dont know any other actor that could have delivered the little subtle details in his lines and mannerism's as Ledger did.He was absolutely stunning and frankly I wasnt even thinking about him being dead, I had no emotional attachment to him.

If sucking on your gums and having a creepy laugh is Oscar worthy, there are about six people who ride my subway line that deserve a statue.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)

Except it really isn't. The whole reason Gordon and Batman put the blame on Batman was so Gotham as a whole never knew about what really happened to Dent(Became TwoFace). It was just a mass coverup. The people of Gothan seeing their "White Knight" as a monster would kill a city in need of a hero. So Batman takes the blame, which makes him the true protector of the city.

If I was a betting man, I'll say Two-Face is still alive.

Except it really is. The cover up was not letting Gotham know Dent had died because he had turned on everything he stood for, not because of his facial features. That was the mass coverup. That's why Batman takes the blame and decides to run from the people. There isn't anyone else who can and they have to show that Harvey was right about everything. You think Batman would've ran if he knew Dent/Two-face was alive and kicking? No, because the people would've eventually seen Two-Face/Dent in his new state of mind.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet the house, kids, wife and my kidneys that he's dead. Again, no way Harvey Dent is dead and Two Way isn't. They held his memorial. It's not like Harvey's personality died. His actual, physical body died.