Sox @ Twins 7-28

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:00 AM)
We'd be ahead .5 game right in that scenario? Right? or am I going crazy

No you're right. If we win only one this series, we're still ahead by a half game. And as long as we don't lose the first 3 and then win the last one, we'll have stayed in first place for the entire series.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 02:00 AM)
We'd be ahead .5 game right in that scenario? Right? or am I going crazy

I agree, I'll take 1 win this series. However, if this team can't show the ability to beat the Twins in Minnesota, we're going to have to find a way to boost this lead in the standings by a great deal.

The approach tonight is the complete opposite from the Verlander game. Miner and Slowey are guys that a good offense should rock. The White Sox are very inconsistent. Simply look at he 9th inning yesterday and the inordinate amount of first pitch easy outs from overanxious hitters trying to hit the 5 run homer.

Slowey will let them get themselves out now with a 4 run lead and the Sox hitters will oblige as they overswing.

Sorry if this is to negative to post but that is the reality.

Minnesota is really good at executing consistently, the Sox are not.

Not saying the game is over but it would not be surprising if the Sox scored less than 2 runs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
I agree, I'll take 1 win this series. However, if this team can't show the ability to beat the Twins in Minnesota, we're going to have to find a way to boost this lead in the standings by a great deal.

I won't in a series where we throw Buehrle, Danks and Floyd.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
way to hustle paul

Even when he makes contact it's pathetic. If he's still injured (and I'm not saying he is, but IF) then we'll all be alot better if a fastball finds its way to his hand so we can stop throwing him out there.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
did KOnerko not run that out? I missed it as I had to leave the room in disgust as soon as the ball hit the ground.

Never made it half way.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
Even when he makes contact it's pathetic. If he's still injured (and I'm not saying he is, but IF) then we'll all be alot better if a fastball finds its way to his hand so we can stop throwing him out there.

Exactly I will give him slack if he is trying ot play injured but this is just sad to watch.

Slowey is not a good pitcher and should be getting pounded.