Most Overrated TV Shows

Brian

I know we had the list of best TV shows, but how about some of the most overrated. Comedy, drama, whatever.

I never got into Home Improvement. It seemed like it was the same jokes every show. Although when nothing else is on and it is on in syndication, I'll watch it.

Never liked Murphy Brown either.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entourage is just awful. Awful.

I'd say Weeds just because I believe Mary-Louise Parker is a terrible actress, the show is funny but she definitely brings it down.

Also, House is f***ing great and the first like 4.5 or 5 seasons Scrubs was about as good as it gets. It does suck now though.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
I have given all 3 a real shot.

I can't stand Hugh Lawire(or whatever it is), 24 is slow as s***, and Scrubs is just a little too goofy for me. I have watched probably 6-7 Scrubs episodes, and while I laugh occasionally, it doesn't really make me want to watch another one.

I never really cared for it at first, but after you watch a cycle of the re-runs and learn some of the jokes and characters, it gets funnier everytime you watch it. Seinfeld was the same way for me.

MASH. As a drama series it was dragged down by Alan Alda and seemingly the same issue brought up every week. 'We're in a war zone treating the same people we talked to earlier in the week' is the plot line all episodes were based off. If this show were around today it'd never survive. Too bland. And as a comedy it was just outright terrible. Not even laughing tracks could sway my opinion.

also

Always Sunny In Philadelphia. There's something about the actors (esp. Danny DeVito) in this show which makes viewing it a chore. I compare it to King of the Hill -- entertaining, but not hilarious.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
Always Sunny In Philadelphia. There's something about the actors (esp. Danny DeVito) in this show which makes viewing it a chore.

Die.

The correct answers are South Park and definitly Scrubs.

Anyone who says Entourage isn't a guy. Don't get me wrong, I usually hate even slightly campy shows. But it's like trying to hate on the movie 300; if you do so, you better hand over you man-card.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 12:20 PM)
Die.

The correct answers are South Park and definitly Scrubs.

Anyone who says Entourage isn't a guy. Don't get me wrong, I usually hate even slightly campy shows. But it's like trying to hate on the movie 300; if you do so, you better hand over you man-card.

300 was awful, and the one episode I saw of Entourage wasn't very good. And feel free to challenge me for my man card - would an armwrestling match suffice?

I do agree on South Park though - it has its comedy gold moments, but overall, its just irritating.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
Entourage is just awful. Awful.

I'd say Weeds just because I believe Mary-Louise Parker is a terrible actress, the show is funny but she definitely brings it down.

Also, House is f***ing great and the first like 4.5 or 5 seasons Scrubs was about as good as it gets. It does suck now though.

I enjoy Entourage, but definitely understand the hatred for it. I believe it all comes down to Turtle. Everyone who dislikes the show hates him. His death is the key for the continued success of the show.

About House, how long can this show possibly go on? He treats mysterious illnesses every week. Eventually the writers will run out of new ways of making people fall over and House coming up with his witty, yet heart filled responses to his teams questions.

It's like Prison Break. Him and his brother are out of the damn prison, right? So why the hell does it still exist?!

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
About House, how long can this show possibly go on? He treats mysterious illnesses every week. Eventually the writers will run out of new ways of making people fall over and House coming up with his witty, yet heart filled responses to his teams questions.

House makes me wish I was a gay man so I can enjoy that show even more.