50 FAVORITE WHITE SOX PLAYERS

knightni

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
Willie has a career high 10 homers this year. Only 17 in his career I believe. Congrats to him, and the game winning run in the World Series.

12 now . Hit 2 today including his 1st career grannie to help the Nats whup up on the Cubs today 13-5 in the ninth.

Yeah Quentin could be on the list with his MVP season. But OC and Swish. I recognize the list is for favorite players. I can't see how anybody could have fallen for them this quickly. Carlos I could see. Somebody might just love what he's done so much he's made their all time favorite list. He wouldn't make mine yet, though I respect what he's done for sure. It's a subjective list, but how could anybody fall for Swish and/or OC this quickly??

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
Willie Harris is quite possibly my favorite active player. I have no reason why but I have just always been a fan of his. But how in the hell does he have 12 homers this year? Is the NL really that bad?

Worked on the long ball this off season just like Willie Mays Hayes.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
Whatever happened to the girl who used to post here who loved Willie Harris

Those were some of my all-time favorite posts. She was a one-person Willie Harris and D'Angelo Jimenez fan club. Maybe on a Nats board now?

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:34 PM)
Willie Harris is quite possibly my favorite active player. I have no reason why but I have just always been a fan of his. But how in the hell does he have 12 homers this year? Is the NL really that bad?

When Willie came up, he was thought to have more pop than he showed with the Sox. More line drive/gap-type power than hr power, but still, something. Not that I'd expect 12 homers, but it's not as surprising as it'd be for Joey Gathright.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
Willie Harris wouldn't be in my top 50 favorite players, but I could see the attraction.

JMO, but I don't see how stealing a base and scoring a run in the WS makes one a Top 25 favorite of all time.

Sadly, I get the feeling that Greg Luzinski, Ivan Calderon, Tim Raines, and Lance Johnson won't be represented in the Top 20.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 09:24 AM)
JMO, but I don't see how stealing a base and scoring a run in the WS makes one a Top 25 favorite of all time.

Sadly, I get the feeling that Greg Luzinski, Ivan Calderon, Tim Raines, and Lance Johnson won't be represented in the Top 20.

Raines # 20.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)

Honestly I think that should be reason enough. It was the Series winning run. Thats right, Willie Harris was the run that won us the World Series.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
Honestly I think that should be reason enough. It was the Series winning run. Thats right, Willie Harris was the run that won us the World Series.

Honestly, I think that you're just a little biased...

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
Willie Harris is quite possibly my favorite active player. I have no reason why but I have just always been a fan of his.

I sincerely appreciate what Willie and Geoff Blum did for the '05 Sox, but there's no way in hell that either of those guys crack the Top 50 on my all-time Sox list. JMO, and everybody is entitled to their own.

Edited by WCSox

25 years ago, Jerry Dybzinski made a baserunning blunder that is still brought up from time to time even now. So, Willie Harris pinch hit for Garcia and eventually came around to score the most important run that any White Sox fan can remember. Yes, I can definitely understand how he made the favorites list.

Yes, Dybber's baserunning blunder was critical.

If we win that game, we beat Baltimore in game five with Hoyt. We quite possibly make the World Series. I don't know who we'd have played in the next round. I forget.

But we had the team. That baserunning blunder was pivotal.

That reminds me of Hoyt. I hope he's on the fan favorite list. He definitely should be. I think I forgot him.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
Yes, Dybber's baserunning blunder was critical.

If we win that game, we beat Baltimore in game five with Hoyt. We quite possibly make the World Series. I don't know who we'd have played in the next round. I forget.

But we had the team. That baserunning blunder was pivotal.

That reminds me of Hoyt. I hope he's on the fan favorite list. He definitely should be. I think I forgot him.

Baltimore beat Philadelphia in the World Series. There was no second round of the playoffs at the tme.

That's wild. I'm surprised prior to our winning it all in 05 we didn't more crying from the Mariotti's of the world about us tanking that year. Don't you agree we were better than Baltimore and would have won Game Five in Comiskey had Dybber not screwed up on the basepaths?? No way LaMarr would have been clobbered in Game Five. It was ours.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
That's wild. I'm surprised prior to our winning it all in 05 we didn't more crying from the Mariotti's of the world about us tanking that year. Don't you agree we were better than Baltimore and would have won Game Five in Comiskey had Dybber not screwed up on the basepaths?? No way LaMarr would have been clobbered in Game Five. It was ours.

Britt Burns was fabulous in Game 4. We should won that game. That was heartbreaking.