9/17 White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread - 6:05PM

DBAHO

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
You sure of that? It's his turn to go on Friday.

They said on the radio that Buerhle was pitching Friday. I didn't think that sounded right.

I figured Danks was Sat. One of us is right.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
They said on the radio that Buerhle was pitching Friday. I didn't think that sounded right.

Floyd going Saturday night in KC on three days' rest. That was the latest I read.

If it comes down to it, those three would have to go on three days' rest again against CLE and then the DET game on Monday. They could use Danks with full rest or Floyd on three day's for the possible final DET game after the regular season ends.

CLIFF LEE...five hits, two walks, yet only one run surrendered in 3 IP.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
No, it's Vazquez/Danks/Buehrle/Floyd/off day/Vazquez/Danks/Buehrle/TBD

It would make some sense to use Danks against Mauer/Morneau, but I think they are more concerned about his pitch count and IP than any Sox pitcher, and for good reason.

The articles I've read said they wanted to line up Vazquez, Buehrle and Floyd for that series, and they would each be on full rest because of the Monday off day.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 05:57 PM)

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that it's Buehrle on Friday and Floyd on Saturday both on short rest; then Danks (with 6 days rest) on Sunday.

After the day off Monday, Vazquez, Buehrle, and Floyd will pitch in the Minnesota series with regular rest.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 07:03 PM)
This three days rest stuff is too risky, in my opinion. It's too late in the season to suddenly have them overdoing it. They've already all approached 175+ innings this season.

Why risk a breakdown on young arms?

The Twins are doing the same thing today with Baker. He's pitched really well through three innings, no runs given up.

The only risk is with Floyd, as Vazquez and Buerhle are veterans and experienced enough to deal with it and they both know their soreness tolerance.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:17 AM)
Whomever plays the sox should just call up guys with 8 and 9 ERAs during the playoffs just to face our team. Our offense needs to get its head out of its ass consistently for the playoffs.

Alexei's really gotten away from hitting line drives. I wonder what his GO/FO ratio was up until the last month or so compared to now?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
great effort from clayton tonight...any sign of trouble ozzie has to have DJ ready

You still feel confident in DJ??? Really? I think the magic is gone from that option.

I would go with Danks...call me crazy. But he can easily pitch 2-3 innings and get us to Linebrink and Jenks.

We don't have any good options in middle relief to accomplish that same task.