9/17 White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread - 6:05PM

DBAHO

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
Broadway deserves a 'shot' against a team loaded with lefty hitters?

That would be a suicide mission.

He's proven all year long that he can't get lefties out. (He had a .317 BAA in AAA against lefties; a 5.78 ERA; and gave up 17 of his 24 homeruns against them.)

That's why Richard is starting tonight.

Lets not forget Broadways little implosion in Baltimore either.

Clayton is a mystery to me. He either has a really good outing, or he wets the bed. Usually when we expect the bed wetting, he has a good outing.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Clayton is a mystery to me. He either has a really good outing, or he wets the bed. Usually when we expect the bed wetting, he has a good outing.

Good because I expect a bed wetting at Yankee Stadium.

This is where you see if a guy has balls or not.

Realistically there isn't much pressure on him as the expectations are low. Now if he steps up while the end is in sight, it allows the team to get that much closer to their goal. He can walk hand-in-hand with Labor Day Boston Brandon MCCarthy.

You get my drift.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
Ugh. This wreaks of the Cotts Incident.

How many shots is Clayton gonna get? Broadway has 1 start, it was quality. Don't care if it was KC. He deserves a shot.

Not to me. They skipped Buehrle on short rest to get to Cotts in 2003 because they had "won the series" (per Manuel). Here, there is literally no one you could have work on short rest (unless it was Vazquez on two days' rest).

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
Not to me. They skipped Buehrle on short rest to get to Cotts in 2003 because they had "won the series" (per Manuel). Here, there is literally no one you could have work on short rest (unless it was Vazquez on two days' rest).

Rookie lefty in Yankee Stadium who is not very good.

I say again I am confused that the Sox trot out lefty Richards who has not been effective. We are facing a pitcher with an ERA of 9.00, which means he will probably shut the Sox down for 5 or 7 innings. Hopefuly CR keeps us close.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:16 AM)
Well, of course the Twins scored one off Lee!

At least he limited the damage and it's only 1-0.

Everytime right? We don't score when we should and the Twinks do. Good thing this game is 9 innings. I'll feel better if Clayton gets out of the first