9/20 Sox v. Royals; 6:10PM CDT - WGN

Texsox

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
Wow Griffey, he really should not be playing. He literally was jogging for a gapper.

I've been calling for it for awhile. There is no reason Anderson shouldn't be starting over him.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
I can't tell because that ball was so far from either of them, but should that have been caught??? It sure seems like it.

It looked like he thought Dye was going to get it because when he saw it was about to fall, he sped up. Dye was jogging too.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 11:22 PM)
Could you imagine if Anderson did that in CF?

It's been funny over the last few weeks, but I hold my breath as soon as a ball is hit to center field. However, when I see Anderson out there, this feeling of calmness comes over me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:22 PM)
No, I think it split them. However, it was scary how slow they were going after it.

It was like neither one of them knew whose ball it was, and they were both trying to back the other up in case they didn't get there in time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
Tampa's biggest chance at blowing their postseason is Troy Percival.

Yep. If they try to trot him out as closer they are in deep trouble. I know whats his name hasn't been awesome of late, but you can't trust Troy.

I d like to have some of the funny stuff Hawk is smoking,he is still laughably saying that the 3 best MLB teams are in no particular order the Angels,Cubs and the Whites Sox,LOL...agree with the first 2 but to be honest the Rays and Red Sox are better than us.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
I d like to have some of the funny stuff Hawk is smoking,he is still laughably saying that the 3 best MLB teams are in no particular order the Angels,Cubs and the Whites Sox,LOL...agree with the first 2 but to be honest the Rays and Red Sox are better than us.

With all 3 of those teams you list...it may well come down to whose bullpen bothers stepping up in the postseason. The Rays don't have a solid closer, the Red Sox's setup people have been weaker this year than last and their starters aren't where they were last year, and the good guys need 1 more RH reliever to step up (please Liney come back to us!).