9/20 Sox v. Royals; 6:10PM CDT - WGN

Texsox

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 12:37 AM)
Why Gavin looks good so far. It was a pitch down, away and hit drove it to left center. Its not like Gavin is wild, or his velocity is down.

It just never seems like pitchers are effective down the stretch when they pitch on short rest. Even C.C. was mediocre today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:39 PM)
It just never seems like pitchers are effective down the stretch when they pitch on short rest. Even C.C. was mediocre today.

I would agree with power pitchers. But curveball pitchers are much better with a little arm fatigue. When they get geeked up, its a bit worse. Thats when they over extend. But when their arm is a little tired, the ball drops a bit more. The only key is keeping ontop of the curve. If they drop down and get more side to side action, then he is going to have problems. But he is over the top looking good.

I'm with you fathom. I've consistently said how much I hate going on 3 days rest. Especially when our guys look dead as it is. I hope Floyd can somehow step up and pitch past this. The offense is really going to have to bail out Gavin tonight!!!

Oh and no matter what, I won't b**** about Gavin, he's been the f***ing man for us this season.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
Ugh, I can't even really get mad at Dye for falling on his ass there... that was way too far into right to think about Griffey backing him up.

I am surprised it took this long for someone to hit an Inside the Park dong with Griffey and Dye patrolling CF and RF.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
I would agree with power pitchers. But curveball pitchers are much better with a little arm fatigue. When they get geeked up, its a bit worse. Thats when they over extend. But when their arm is a little tired, the ball drops a bit more. The only key is keeping ontop of the curve. If they drop down and get more side to side action, then he is going to have problems. But he is over the top looking good.

I never thought that with curveballers. Sinkerballers? Yes. But the curveball has to have bite and command. I don't think he looks terrible, by the way -- I'm just not sure I agree with you comparison.

This is just unacceptable from Floyd. You see Minnesota has lost, this late in the season, and you're giving up this crap? It has to be treated as a playoff game. Offense included. We should have atleast 4 runs on the board by the 6th inning, and if Floyd has any balls this is where it ends with the runs. Kc sucks.

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
Where the f*** was the backup from Griffey? For a guy that has so much experience, you would think he would actually be doing his job once in awhile.

DJ was busy making an excuse about how Griffey couldn't possibly cover all that ground to back up the play. Is Clayton Richard available? I'd have his ass up and just let him go the rest of the way. NO need to kill Floyd's arm. If he can't get it figured out, pull him at the 60 pitch mark so he'll be nice and fresh for his start against Minny.

Plus I believe Richard is capable of shutting down the Royals.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
I'm with you fathom. I've consistently said how much I hate going on 3 days rest. Especially when our guys look dead as it is. I hope Floyd can somehow step up and pitch past this. The offense is really going to have to bail out Gavin tonight!!!

Oh and no matter what, I won't b**** about Gavin, he's been the f***ing man for us this season.

I just don't get why we threw him so many pitches on Tuesday if we planned on him pitching on 3 days rest?

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
Where the f*** was the backup from Griffey? For a guy that has so much experience, you would think he would actually be doing his job once in awhile.

I don't think he has the range to be anywhere near that ball... but the ball DID go back towards CF, he should've at least been somewhat close to it. He broke towards it way too late.