AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF WINNER!!!

bmags

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Why does tomorrows game depend on what the Red Sox do? Just decide it now and have them play around it? Yet another reason to hate Boston.

Hey Cub Fans, this is what it feels like to win a playoff game!

It's not just that its Red Sox. They're playing a west coast team.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
Division champs > Wild Card

Hell yea. I have a lot of confidence in this team right now. If we can get through this first round, we would have homefield advantage into the World Series. GF has shown testicular fortitude all season long. I have faith that he is going to step up yet again. Some consistency from the offense and bullpen would be a great thing to see tomorrow.

After these last two pitching performances, anybody want to argue that Danks isn't our ace? :headbang

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

So...

We've won 1 playoff game in 1 playoff appearance in 2 years.

The Cubs haven't won a playoff game in 2 playoff appearances in 2 years.

We need to go 1 game at a time. We went 1-0 today. We need to go 1-0 tomorrow. If we win tomorrow, and I might be going, I have all the confidence in Mark going game 5 Wednesday in Tampa.

That curve by Bobby was fricking amazing to whiff a good hitter.

Wise can play big league baseball. He's earned a job with a team, if not us, somebody. He's as good a player as a lot of guys wearing big league uniforms the past several years. He is not a stiff.

Nice job by AJ who never gets a day off. Good job, SOx. One more please. Let's take it to Tampa guys!!!

"I'm just out there having fun," Wise said. "That's the only way to approach it. Once A.J. got things going [in the third], that was the big hit." Not the last one, however. The Sox added to their lead in the sixth on a two-out single by Juan Uribe.

"That made me a lot happy," Uribe said. "I struck out [in his previous at-bat], so I said, 'C'mon, Uribe.' Like I say [last week in Minnesota], I tell the team, 'Get on my back.'" After Upton's two-run homer, Guillen went to his bullpen with Carlos Pena on first base in the seventh and all-everything rookie Evan Longoria representing the tying run. Octavio Dotel recorded his biggest out of the year, sitting down the phenom on a called third strike.

"I didn't want to give anything good to that guy," Dotel said. "Everyone in the league knows how good he is. I really don't want to face that guy that much, but that's my job." Job well done.

The same could be said for Matt Thornton and Bobby Jenks, who handcuffed the Rays over the final two innings to secure the victory and force Game 4 today.

"It's been amazing to see a team back itself into a corner and win or go home," Thornton said. "We keep coming. We just seem to have a group of veterans that won't let the situation overwhelm them." So they will be in a very familiar situation today, bags packed to go back to St. Petersburg, Fla., or back home. Destination unknown.

"Maybe we don't like our wives and don't want to go home," Pierzynski joked. "Just kidding. I love you, honey."

from www.suntimes.com/sports

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
That curve by Bobby was fricking amazing to whiff a good hitter.

Wise can play big league baseball. He's earned a job with a team, if not us, somebody. He's as good a player as a lot of guys wearing big league uniforms the past several years. He is not a stiff.

Nice job by AJ who never gets a day off. Good job, SOx. One more please. Let's take it to Tampa guys!!!

My biggest problem with Wise: defensively, he's pretty much Scott Podsednik reincarnated in LF. And over the course of a 162 game season his bat isn't anywhere near strong enough to make up for his awful glove.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 10:13 PM)
I was at the game and we couldn't take our eyes off him. He walked down the first base line and I mean on the line. He walked the 3rd base line, both circles and then was eyeing Garza.

It was hilarious when he was just hanging out like 5 feet away from Thome. I love pigeons.

My biggest problem with Wise: defensively, he's pretty much Scott Podsednik reincarnated in LF. And over the course of a 162 game season his bat isn't anywhere near strong enough to make up for his awful glove.

Yes, but he should stay in the bigs if not a starter a key reserve for somebody. No doubt what he did today was special. He's actually having a good series on the whole.

Glad to see Uribe stroke a nice hit today. If he could actually get hot, that would help.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
Im just gonna say it, because I believe it:

If the Sox win tomorrow, they will win the series.

As much as I'd like to agree I'm having trouble believing we can. I think we'll win tonight but the 5th game at Tampa will be very difficult. We flat out suck at domes. There's no question about it.

And if we somehow make it to the next round I don't think we match up really well against Boston or Anaheim.

I sure hope I'm proven wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
As much as I'd like to agree I'm having trouble believing we can. I think we'll win tonight but the 5th game at Tampa will be very difficult. We flat out suck at domes. There's no question about it.

And if we somehow make it to the next round I don't think we match up really well against Boston or Anaheim.

I sure hope I'm proven wrong.

Not only in Domes, but on turf. The Sox don't have enough team speed for fake grass. I think the Sox match up better with the BoSox, but if we make it past the Rays and take on the LAA of AAAAAA, it's going to be REAL tough.

But first, let's make it through this series.