Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND with a pretty weak effort against Ohio St, even though Evan Turner is turning into a superstar. Luke Harangody is one of the best offensive players in the country...and far and away the worst defensive player in the country. He made B.J. Mullens look efficient on the offensive end.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 11:54 PM)
Harangody's has pneumonia for the last week.

I know...but unless he's had pneumonia for his ND career, his defense has been horrible. There's no denying he's a great offensive player though. Tory Jackson's one of the better pg in college bball, but Brey's done a poor job of recruiting the past two seasons it seems like.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 04:53 PM)
ND with a pretty weak effort against Ohio St, even though Evan Turner is turning into a superstar. Luke Harangody is one of the best offensive players in the country...and far and away the worst defensive player in the country. He made B.J. Mullens look efficient on the offensive end.

Well, to be honest, Mullens is one of the more highly regarded freshman in the country, so most likey he just played well. Basically OSU just beat ND, with Evan Turner (from chicago) just dominating.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)

UConn wins by 4 at Buffalo (no idea why they agreed to go into a hornets nest like that).

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 4, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
I nearly had a heart attack. That was too close.

How the hell is playing Buffalo considered going into a Hornet's nest? And Jimbo is right, no heart attacks allowed in December. Unless you are a Buffalo fan looking for the biggest win in your program's history. Crap Evansville beat Buffalo by 15 (granted it was at home).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 06:57 AM)
Well, to be honest, Mullens is one of the more highly regarded freshman in the country, so most likey he just played well. Basically OSU just beat ND, with Evan Turner (from chicago) just dominating.

Yep, it's about time Mullens showed some flashes of dominance. Also, I can't thank you enough for the clubtrillion blog.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 5, 2008 -> 07:31 AM)
Its a good first road test though. They're gonna have a lot tougher this year with games against GT, 'Nova, Pitt etc...

What am I missing here? Did UConn play an NBA team in Buffalo? How is playing at Buffalo a tough road test?

I'm scratching my head over this one. Please enlighten me.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
What am I missing here? Did UConn play an NBA team in Buffalo? How is playing at Buffalo a tough road test?

I'm scratching my head over this one. Please enlighten me.

Well, Buffalo did beat a very good Ball State team. Oh wait, wrong board.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
Yep, it's about time Mullens showed some flashes of dominance. Also, I can't thank you enough for the clubtrillion blog.

Good, Im glad someone is reading it, those kids are hilarious.

Im hoping Mullens is finally someone who will stay another year. He needs it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)

Watching Evan Turner his senior year at St. Josephs, I could tell he would excell at the next level. See it in Lenzelle Smith right now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:21 PM)
The SEC is by far the worst major conference in college basketball and it isn't even close. Outside of Tennessee I don't see a single good team in the conference.

So true... the SEC should be an easy win for us this year. Too bad it's not good preparation for the tourney.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
where's Chimpy?!?! Nice win for FSU(and the ACC) over Florida today.

Just got back. That game was so exciting. All is well again haha.

I'm counting Pitt and WKU as losses, but hopefully we go into ACC play with only 3 in that column.