Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
The jerseys still say "Indiana" on them, which makes it very hard for me to wrap my mind around. That's all it is really to be honest.

Fair enough. This year's all about development, as this should be a quick rebuild, with the reinforcements Crean's got coming in. Honestly, I'm enjoying watching this team. It may not be pretty, but it's nice to know you're getting their 110% all the time.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Nov 26, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Fair enough. This year's all about development, as this should be a quick rebuild, with the reinforcements Crean's got coming in. Honestly, I'm enjoying watching this team. It may not be pretty, but it's nice to know you're getting their 110% all the time.

Crean is a great coach, I dont think it will be too many seasons like this if not just this one.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 28, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
Tried turning on the Illini game on for kicks since it's on fox college sports on comcast ch 413 through one of those sports packages...and it's on.

Thanks to whoever did that.

Illinois beats Kent St. in OT. Tisdale still makes plays that will drive you nuts but he was terrific down the stretch. Another really nice game by Davis as well. This team is so much more entertaining to watch than last year.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Davis is starting to figure it out obviously. If Tisdale ever follows suit (and although in a different way, he has just as much raw talent as Davis IMO), that is a nasty duo to deal with on the front line. Combine that with McCamey and Legion, and that is certainly something right there in the Big 10 for the rest of this year before the calvary arrival the next 2 years, which would help even more going with those 4 current sophomores in the future. Tisdale saved the day today though, hopefully they take out Tulsa tomorrow.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 29, 2008 -> 12:41 AM)
Davis is starting to figure it out obviously. If Tisdale ever follows suit (and although in a different way, he has just as much raw talent as Davis IMO), that is a nasty duo to deal with on the front line. Combine that with McCamey and Legion, and that is certainly something right there in the Big 10 for the rest of this year before the calvary arrival the next 2 years, which would help even more going with those 4 current sophomores in the future. Tisdale saved the day today though, hopefully they take out Tulsa tomorrow.

Tisdale just needs to get stronger. It is still too easy to take the ball from him but his offensive skill is tremendous. And when he plays with confidence like he did down the stretch he is a huge weapon. Plus he and Davis with their length and athleticism alter a lot of shots which is a nice to see. It has been a while since Illinois has had a shot blocking presence.