Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
I like this Curry addition. I doubt he'll ever average 20 at Duke like he did this past year as a freshman at Liberty, but given that Henderson doesn't go to the NBA (which he'd be nuts to do), he'll take Henderson's spot in 2 years.

nbadraft.net currently has him pegged as likely to come out early and going as high as #8

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 07:53 AM)
nbadraft.net currently has him pegged as likely to come out early and going as high as #8

I would say Henderson is about 85% in favor of going to the NBA.

Seth Curry is a reach, but hey he may be able to be a solid role player. Duke will depend much more on their incoming recruits for next year and the following years verbals as G's replacement.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2009 -> 01:09 AM)
Thats why i didnt, one more year in college and he's a lottery pick instead of a fringe 1st rounder. He more than doubles his money. I love logic.

For example the 30th pick gets 797,600; 857,400; 917,200

While the 14th pick gets 1.424;1.531;1.638

NBA draft.net is projecting him at #17, Hoopshype is projecting him at #14, draftexpress is at #18, and inside hoops has him at #10.

The lowest projection I saw is #23 by mynbadraft.com

That is hardly "fringe 1st round". That is more like fringe lottery pick. You kinda made my point for me though. If the guy is picked in the middle of the first round, he makes a lot more money than if he plays another year, turns into Aaron Gray, and falls out of the first round. Its a gamble either way.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 02:14 PM)
The buzz is Calipari to Kentucky. The sports director for the NBC affiliate in Lexington went on air with the Memphis affiliate and said "It's over," in reference to Calipari joining Kentucky.

ESPN says that Calipari told the team that "Kentucky is the Notre Dame of basketball." Huh?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
NBA draft.net is projecting him at #17, Hoopshype is projecting him at #14, draftexpress is at #18, and inside hoops has him at #10.

The lowest projection I saw is #23 by mynbadraft.com

That is hardly "fringe 1st round". That is more like fringe lottery pick. You kinda made my point for me though. If the guy is picked in the middle of the first round, he makes a lot more money than if he plays another year, turns into Aaron Gray, and falls out of the first round. Its a gamble either way.

This years draft is not a very strong one by most accounts, there is no guarentee he will improve next year. Wayne Ellington will be a lower pick for sure then Henderson and I'm almost certain Wayne will enter the draft this year as well.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
Calipari to UK

Mike Anderson to UM(memphis)

Easy on the Anderson front. Memphis got permission to talk to him, that's it so far. I got my browser on Tigerboard refresh, but I'm still confident Mike will stay.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Really questionable decision there...not a lot of high-level recruits will want to play in such a slow-paced system. Landesberg will likely enter the draft now.

Yah. We needed the HR. He's a great X/Os coach, but that isn't enough in the ACC if you don't have the talent to go with it. It could fly in the PAC10, but I'm really worried.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 10:45 PM)
Yah. We needed the HR. He's a great X/Os coach, but that isn't enough in the ACC if you don't have the talent to go with it. It could fly in the PAC10, but I'm really worried.

I heard Tristan Spurlock is pleading to get out of his LOI so he can go to Ga Tech also.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
I heard Tristan Spurlock is pleading to get out of his LOI so he can go to Ga Tech also.

We're all praying Bennett can say some magic words, but I can understand if he wants to go elsewhere. We'll release him, but I'll doubt he'll go to an ACC school and sit out 2 years (which is the rule).

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:52 PM)
We're all praying Bennett can say some magic words, but I can understand if he wants to go elsewhere. We'll release him, but I'll doubt he'll go to an ACC school and sit out 2 years (which is the rule).

They never enforce that 2 year rule though. Spurlock is best friends with GT commit Brian Oliver, and Spurlock's told Hewitt he's doing his best to get there. You're right though, it would be hard for him to be eligible next season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
They never enforce that 2 year rule though. Spurlock is best friends with GT commit Brian Oliver, and Spurlock's told Hewitt he's doing his best to get there. You're right though, it would be hard for him to be eligible next season.

Maybe I'm thinking of just transfers but I think that rule is set in stone and enforced by the league.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
Maybe I'm thinking of just transfers but I think that rule is set in stone and enforced by the league.

Gus Gilchrist got out of his LOI he signed with Va Tech to go to Maryland (1 yr penalty I believe), but then he transferred to USF anyways.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
I would say Henderson is about 85% in favor of going to the NBA.

Seth Curry is a reach, but hey he may be able to be a solid role player. Duke will depend much more on their incoming recruits for next year and the following years verbals as G's replacement.

I really hope Henderson stays. Right now, he's explosive and has a solid shot, but his defense needs some work and his shot isn't what I think it can be.

If he stays, I like their chances with Scheyer, Henderson, Singler, Thomas, Ma.Plumee/Zoubek as the starters with Mi. Plumlee, Ma.Plumlee/Zoubek, Smith, Kelly, and Williams coming off the bench. If Henderson goes pro, Williams steps in his spot. There's not enough scoring there.