• Obama / Biden DEM
    • McCain / Palin REP
    • Someone Else
    • I Did Not Vote, Came Here Anyway, Want To See The Results

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voted this morning. It really does tickle me that such low level positions like county assessor has an affiliation to a national party. I'm pretty happy with everything in Columbia so I kept the incumbents.

PLEASE FAIL PROP A!!!

PLEASE ANY MISSOURI VOTERS, VOTE NO ON PROP A!

I voted Obama. I voted Harris for Congress, he is a Republican but that vote is purely symbolic since the incumbent is a Democrat, and my district is one of the bluest parts of a blue state and hasn't had a Republican representative in like 100 years.

I also voted for the amendments to the state Constitution, one to allow early voting, the other to allow slots.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
I voted Obama. I voted Harris for Congress, he is a Republican but that vote is purely symbolic since the incumbent is a Democrat, and my district is one of the bluest parts of a blue state and hasn't had a Republican representative in like 100 years.

I also voted for the amendments to the state Constitution, one to allow early voting, the other to allow slots.

I voted against all the state constitution amendments. Voted for Judy Baker for congress. She's awesome. I'm reaaallllly hoping she gets in over luetkemeyer who just comes off as insanely idiotic.

McCain vote here in Chicago just north of Wrigley. I also voted against the Constitutional Convention (waste of money), for recall voting (how nice would that have been recently), and mostly Republican for everything else (a few green party throw aways mixed in). This was my first time voting in person on election day. I think it's terrible how complicated the ballot is and I can see why people can get confused. Also, my polling place had about 25 people in front of me, but it still took over an hour because the three judges were more concerned about their coffee and socializing than getting people through the line. I would also say that of the 40-50 people I saw there, probably 90% were under 30 (got there at 7:30am).

I voted, line was 20 people at 8:20am today. No for the con con.

As a person who has worked a lot of elections in different capacities I found it appauling that my polling place had a young election judge openly talking about Obama and different polls, and different political views on different candidates right in front of the machines. How he is going to party when Obama wins. On my way out I told him that he can't do that and he has to be 100 feet from the polls to campaign for his candidate. He turns to me and says, well man I am just repeating the news. The rest of the judges didnt want to deal with it. I reported it to the Dupage County states attorney's office.

My ballot wasn't complicated. It had Obama/Biden, McCain/Palin, and a few other presidential tickets, then it had the Congress vote, all on the first page. There were a bunch of votes for judges and whatnot, I skipped that because I don't really care, I guess I'm pretty content with all those, one was even uncontested I think. Then there were a couple pages of proposed amendments that I voted for. Submit ballot. Done.

I was actually pretty disappointed that I only had three decisions to make. I voted GOP across the board but aside from president there were only two other contested seats. Amazingly, there were only three Dems running (two were incumbents) and probably 5 or 6 republicans unopposed. A congressman and county executive were the two I voted out. Kind of curious as to why so many offices were unopposed this election

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
I voted, line was 20 people at 8:20am today. No for the con con.

As a person who has worked a lot of elections in different capacities I found it appauling that my polling place had a young election judge openly talking about Obama and different polls, and different political views on different candidates right in front of the machines. How he is going to party when Obama wins. On my way out I told him that he can't do that and he has to be 100 feet from the polls to campaign for his candidate. He turns to me and says, well man I am just repeating the news. The rest of the judges didnt want to deal with it. I reported it to the Dupage County states attorney's office.

That's pretty unprofessional. Good you reported it.

Most of the folks at these stations are low paid or non-paid personnel part time, not well trained. Some are county employees made to work the polls. You aren't going to get the best and the brightest, usually.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
I was actually pretty disappointed that I only had three decisions to make. I voted GOP across the board but aside from president there were only two other contested seats. Amazingly, there were only three Dems running (two were incumbents) and probably 5 or 6 republicans unopposed. A congressman and county executive were the two I voted out. Kind of curious as to why so many offices were unopposed this election

This is a nationwide problem the last 10 or more years - not enough people willing to run for office.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
This is a nationwide problem the last 10 or more years - not enough people willing to run for office.

It takes a very special person to run for an office. Even a lower-level one. With the media as tough as they are, in this day and age, I don't know if I want to put my life on display. But, I do the second best thing...vote.

One Barr vote in California here. Got to the polls about 20 minutes before it opened, was out by about 7:20. The California ballot is actually fairly simple, I have trouble seeing how someone could be confused by it. Voted no on all the props except the children's hospital and and veterans housing, but voted yes on the county sales tax increase.

I waffled a few times in voting this time. I literally selected McCain and Obama at different times before pushing the bright VOTE button. I really liked both candidates and wish I could have split my vote 51-49 or some such nonsense.

Like many are reporting, as usual we did not have any Republicans running for 95% of the offices here. With a self declared DEM population of roughly 90%, it just isn't worth it. After voting ® Cornyn last time, I switched to (D) Noriega for Senator. I also proudly cast a ballot for my Congressman (D) Hinojosa. Damn fine gentleman who really works hard for South Texas. He has a s***ty, gerrymandered, district (thank you Hammer) and does pretty damn good with it. For those familar with Texas, his district runs from the Mexico border to north of Victoria. About 25 miles wide and 200 miles long. They sliced up South Texas like fajitas.

I am excited to see what Obama will do if elected, and have confidence in McCain. Basically, like many players, I believe Obama has the bigger upside, but also the potential to be a bust. I see McCain as the safe pick, an aging veteran who will keep a steady, albeit, unspectacular hand at the wheel.

:usa

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)

Are you in Acuari or Hinchey's district?

I moved to U-E, and was surprised by how Italian my ballot was.

I voted mostly Dem. Republican on a few local offices.

I never vote in uncontested races.