2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:50 AM)
Just goes to show you that Cubs fans never got through high school.

That stadium has been overtaken by Cub fans the last two days though. I watched the first hour of the game last night and it seemed like the game was being played at Wrigley. Reds suck.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
Yeah, really Brian. What was your point?

I'd say it is more East. South would be Atlanta, Houston, St. Louis. I wouldn't consider Cincy south. When I think Ohio, Penn, etc...I think EAST, not South. Just me I guess.

QUOTE (soxman352000 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
and he got it. Man, BJ sucks

Theres a reason why the Blue Jays were willing to eat the $20 million they still owe him just to get him as far away from their team as possible

And it was nice to see the Cubs pull their best White Sox impression, getting four-hit shut out by a no-name AAAA pitcher making his 2nd career big league start.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
Wow, Gorzellany (sp?) doesn't face the Reds and look what happens!

Cardinals have a lot of games left with teams under .500 and the Cubs are now in 2nd place where even if they win all 4 of their games in hand they come up a game short.

A week ago in this thread the games in hand favored the cub...ooops.....this means the cub will have to use the 5th starter more often then they'd like and the Cards should they so desire will not.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 08:06 AM)
A week ago in this thread the games in hand favored the cub...ooops.....this means the cub will have to use the 5th starter more often then they'd like and the Cards should they so desire will not.

The Cubs are also missing 2/5 of their starting rotation right now.

J.A. Happ has been pretty good as a starter for the Phillies this season, and is probably in the race for rookie of the year. He's on the mound tonight vs the Cubs.

The cool thing......he is the brother-in-law to one of my really good friends. Happ flew out his family, along with my friend, to Philly for the World Series last year.

Ok, that's my futile trivia for the day.

Pedro is pitching for the Phils wednesday night, I'm heading to the game with the wife and her fam (all Cubs fans), so will be cool to see him pitch. Although since hes not the same Pedro & ND punk Samardzija is pitching for the Cubs, I think both teams could reach double digits. I'll be in right field, and there definitely should be some homers hit that way

Edited by LittleHurt05