2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
buehrle could get lit up tomarrow and we wouldnt be worried. it is like u said the first game

Buehrle getting lit up on opening day is nothing unusual however.

Seems he struggles the first game every year. Would be nice to get the first win on the first gm though.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)

Seems he struggles the first game every year. Would be nice to get the first win on the first gm though.

yea, i remember. but thats why i was saying, these aces getting lit up shouldnt be much of a concern. will lee be great like last year?no but he probly will still be solid. gota wait and see.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
yea, i remember. but thats why i was saying, these aces getting lit up shouldnt be much of a concern. will lee be great like last year?no but he probly will still be solid. gota wait and see.

On the other hand though...Lee barely made the Tribe's roster to start last year. Sometimes you just never know...

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
really jim leyland....you pulled your team cuz they threw a piece of garbage on teh field....wow i've seen way worse...i have to think leyland is trying to get a forfeit here

Leyland pulling an Ozzie. I loved that last season in the Dome. :lolhitting

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
really jim leyland....you pulled your team cuz they threw a piece of garbage on teh field....wow i've seen way worse...i have to think leyland is trying to get a forfeit here

I have a feeling this Tigers season might get ugly really quick

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Are those actually alternates? I figured since it's the last opening day at the Metrodome they're wearing the original Metrodome uniforms.

According to UniWatch, they dropped the alt navy for those.

The Twins have dropped their alternate navy road jersey (addition by subtraction, right?) and added a great new alternate throwback outfit. They also have two new sleeve patches, one marking the Metrodome's final season (here's a closer look) and the other memorializing owner Carl Pohlad.

Francisco Liriano, the last of the three supposed aces going today, gave up 4 runs to the new and improved M's and took the loss.

I actually think the M's will end up better than the A's, just a gut feeling. They've really improved their defense quite a bit. They don't have the pitching YET, but I think their overall pitching will be better than the A's and Rangers, but the Rangers' offense will carry them to second place.

Crain gave up another run, as usual...love to see that, in other ways, I don't...because it might actually force Bill Smith to do something more substantive than trading for Eddie Guardado or Luis Ayala. It really looked for a day or two like they might bite on Juan Cruz but I guess the price was too high.

Something else that was interesting...Delmon Young was benched for Denard Span.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)

Not in 2005, where he outdueled the Tribe.

I've been hearing A's this A's that for the last two days on this site and there lineup isn't that great. The whole rest of that division sucks but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the A's be the team that finishes dead last. Giambi is past his prime and is going to a much large ballpark, Nomar will get hurt, Sweeney isn't ready to leadoff, Holliday is legit, but other than that, very very blah lineup. Rotation completely young.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
Did my heart good to see OCab bounce a throw into 1B yesterday for an error against the Angels.

I wonder if he has the A's scorekeeper built into his speed dial yet.

Ocab probably couldnt take his eyes off the greatest manager he has ever known while making that throw

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
I've been hearing A's this A's that for the last two days on this site and there lineup isn't that great. The whole rest of that division sucks but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the A's be the team that finishes dead last. Giambi is past his prime and is going to a much large ballpark, Nomar will get hurt, Sweeney isn't ready to leadoff, Holliday is legit, but other than that, very very blah lineup. Rotation completely young.

not to pick nits, but this should probably be in the MLB catchall, but I tend to agree with you, I think their pitching is too young as well.

I think Beane made a great trade for Holiday because if they contend he's there if they don't he'll probably be able to get what he traded for him in return or more at the deadline.