WBC # 2

Cubano

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2009 -> 06:46 AM)
Cubano, this question may come off ignorant and naive, which I'm sorry if it does, it's just I don't know anything about how this works. What keeps the players from trying to defect when they're in Mexico? Do they have guards with them at all times?

Cubano posted a few pages back. They have heavy, heavy security on them. They aren't allowed to do anything, like leave the hotel.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 11, 2009 -> 01:00 AM)
Cubano posted a few pages back. They have heavy, heavy security on them. They aren't allowed to do anything, like leave the hotel.

What keeps the RF from running over the wall and refusing to return?

I am not being ignorant here but while on foreign soil can't they simply walk away? Cuban security can not illiegally detain someone against their will in the U.S. Now, wheather the U.S. will let them stay is another story.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
What a game.

BTW- does anyone know why the NL's color is orange? Holland's flag is red, white, and blue.

The orange color has to do with tulips,I believe it's the national flower of Holland,their national soccer team colors are orange jerseys,white shorts with blue socks and trim.

I just love being able to actually watch competitive baseball on TV. I have really missed it. Can't wait for baseball season to start. I keep trying to find a way to switch to direct tv so I can get all the games in HD but I just don't see how financially speaking DirectTV is worth it. To get two hddvr's I got to shell out money, plus we have another hd tv that I'd have to pay 100 bucks for a box and on top of it if anything goes wrong with my equipment I have to pay and the installation isn't going to be near as nice as what I have with cable where my place has all the wires already (since apparently sattelite companies still are too retarded to figure out a way to utilize existing coaxial cables.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
I was wondering if Nick Punto,Frank Cotolonatto and hitting coach Mike Piazza,who were born in the USA can represent Italy because of their Italian heritage,why isn't Carlos Quentin,Matt Garza,Andre Ethier,Evan Longoria,Eric Chavez,Joel Zumaya etc., not representing Mexico since they have Mexican heritage?That would be a pretty strong team IMO...the WBC has been interesting.

Well for one, the bolded were all injured last year with 3/4 of them being KEY members of their ballclubs. Their team's aren't going to give them to go ahead to play strenuous baseball in early March. Oh and Quentin was on the preliminary USA roster before withdrawing his name.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 11:46 PM)
Cubano, this question may come off ignorant and naive, which I'm sorry if it does, it's just I don't know anything about how this works. What keeps the players from trying to defect when they're in Mexico? Do they have guards with them at all times?

Some are communists and are faithfull to the government. Others do not want to leave their families behind. Others are scared getting caught. The security is strong around them. In San Diego, they can walk away or approach a police and say: "I want to defect." Cubans are allowed to stay in the USA. Nowadays, they are defecting by boat so they do not embarrass the Cuban government. Some do not have the vision for a better future.

Rey Ordonez or Eddie Oropeza went jumped to the stands in Buffalo. I do not remember which one did it. They both defected during University Championship in Buffalo.

Edited by Cubano

Scout and opposing players' opinions on cuban players. Somebody compared Chapman to Koufax.

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/2009/...n-to-sandy.html

Cuba vs Japan at 4:00 P.M. ET. I hope the start LHP Chapman and not veteran RHP Norge Vera today against Japan. I like to see japanese hitters against Chapman. Probably, Matsuzaka will take the mound. He has beaten Cuba twice. Japan beat Cuba in the WBC # 1 and Cuba beat Yu Darvish in Beijing. Japan did not hit too much in Beijing and so far they are hitting around 250.

USA disappointed me. How can you leave a pitcher get rocked and fall behind like that?

QUOTE (Cubano @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
USA disappointed me. How can you leave a pitcher get rocked and fall behind like that?

cause the WBC doesnt matter, and its more important for the pitchers to get work to get ready for the season, the manager Davey Johnson admitted it

"Yeah, we had a lot of one-inning pitchers out there. Just basically let him get a little more work. Unfortunately, it wasn't really great work, but he still needed the work. Like I said, it's double elimination. It wasn't a thing where it was ... hook him in the second inning. Just let him get his work in."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
cause the WBC doesnt matter, and its more important for the pitchers to get work to get ready for the season, the manager Davey Johnson admitted it

"Yeah, we had a lot of one-inning pitchers out there. Just basically let him get a little more work. Unfortunately, it wasn't really great work, but he still needed the work. Like I said, it's double elimination. It wasn't a thing where it was ... hook him in the second inning. Just let him get his work in."

That's a bunch or crock, players like Jeter, Rollins and Peven Peavy had said they wanted to make a statement this time around. They were simply beat by a better bunch of ball players. What is Johnson suppose to say, it was his call. h would of been better staying at the wedding.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
wow,what a drubbing :fight ,at least it was to Cuba but against Austrailia the other day was truly embarrassing. :angry:

I am pretty certain Korea will start with Ryu, Hyunjin. He is good. I think he pitched well against Japan and/or Cuba in the past.