West Regional

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geezus Mizzou. That was way too hard. Marquette's scorers were just ridiculous. James was just added depth as expected, but it didn't hurt.

Hard to immediately look ahead, but I would love nothing more than to have Mizzou be the team to knock out Memphis. They're gonna have to play better than this.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 22, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
Geezus Mizzou. That was way too hard. Marquette's scorers were just ridiculous. James was just added depth as expected, but it didn't hurt.

Hard to immediately look ahead, but I would love nothing more than to have Mizzou be the team to knock out Memphis. They're gonna have to play better than this.

Last Conference USA coach to beat Memphis is...Mike Anderson with UAB. Just saying.

Oh man, we are playign so well and traditionally play so well in the 2nd half. But man, with the stakes, with how our school has played in big games, I can't believe my eyes. PLEASE keep this up. JT Tiller is just playing out of his mind and carrol looks so confident. I just hope we aren't playing them to down and let memphis back in. KEEP THIS UP.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
Oh man, we are playign so well and traditionally play so well in the 2nd half. But man, with the stakes, with how our school has played in big games, I can't believe my eyes. PLEASE keep this up. JT Tiller is just playing out of his mind and carrol looks so confident. I just hope we aren't playing them to down and let memphis back in. KEEP THIS UP.

They better not blow this.

What a performance by Mizzou. Shoot FTs like tonight against UCONN and we won't win. But this is crazy. If they can get Thabeet in foul trouble, I like their chances. Leo is also one of the best players in the country at drawing fouls, so that could be something to watch.

Man it feels good to expose Memphis. I've been talking s*** on them for a while. Evans is a superstar though. Man, he was good. With Dozier, Evans and Anderson gone they are gonna be in trouble next year. I know they have an amazing recruiting class coming in and they will probably still destroy the C-USA, but I think Memphis is gonna slide down a bit next year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
Man it feels good to expose Memphis. I've been talking s*** on them for a while. Evans is a superstar though. Man, he was good. With Dozier, Evans and Anderson gone they are gonna be in trouble next year. I know they have an amazing recruiting class coming in and they will probably still destroy the C-USA, but I think Memphis is gonna slide down a bit next year.

I disagree. If John Wall signs, (and it's looking more and more like the only thing that can keep that from happening is if Evans comes back) they should be even better next year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 11:43 PM)
I disagree. If John Wall signs, (and it's looking more and more like the only thing that can keep that from happening is if Evans comes back) they should be even better next year.

How good can a team really be with a bunch of freshman though? Unless they are landing 3 Evans/Rose caliber recruits, I don't see it.

man I just thought how I figured we'd be so bad with keon and stefhon leaving. Man they were worthless. I saw so many stefhon hannah last minute chances get dribbled off of his shins. Zaire Taylor and Kim English have been god sends. And that M. Lawrence remembered how to shoot 3's.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
How good can a team really be with a bunch of freshman though? Unless they are landing 3 Evans/Rose caliber recruits, I don't see it.

Depends on how good those freshman are (Syracuse in 2003, OSU in 2007). And in Wall (if he signs), Cousins, and Henry, you've got arguably the three top recruits in the country on one team (all 3 would be lottery picks this June if not for the mandatory 1-year in college rule). I like Evans, but I think Wall will easily be better. And he's probably right on par with Rose at the same stage in their careers. Cousins has an NBA-ready body right now and will be a matchup nightmare with his size and shooting ability. Henry is the #1 ranked SG by Rivals and Scout.com. You've got good classes. You've got great classes. Memphis (again, if Wall signs) will have a truly special class. And they'll be, IMO, a legitimate NC contender.

Edited by Jordan4life