My dial has permanently hit ESPN 1000

Steve9347

Chicago Sports Radio  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which Station are You On More?

• ESPN 1000
    • The Score 670

I'm 18 and I still listen to the Score. It's been my station since I was in middle school. Lawrence Holmes is by far my favorite host, cause I can actually relate to him on a lot of topics, both sports wise and lifestyle wise.

I try not to listen to ESPN 1000 unless it's a Bulls game. I haven't had that station on much since 2005, which was the last year ESPN was the Sox' flagship station.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
If you can ever sit through Hamp and Holmes for a little while, you should count how many times Hampton says "uuuuuuh".

He says it pre-thought, mid-thought, and post thought.

That's what playing a decade of football can do to you.

I pretty much left the radio on The Score all day when I was on winter break, but don't listen much anymore because I'm doing schoolwork.

I like Mully and Hanley instead of Mike & Mike because I hate national shows. I only care about Chicago teams.(minus the Cubs of course) They're pretty good too.

I hate Waddle and Silvy because during the baseball season Silvy turns the show into a Cubbie love fest and Waddle does nothing to stop him.

I turn off the radio between 12-2 during baseball season for the same reason I hate Waddle and Silvy. Murph is listenable the rest of the year.

I hate the Afternoon Saloon because they never talk sports.

If you're driving between 7-10 turn the dial to the score because Jason Goff is really good. Easily my favorite show.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
I don't get the hate for Murphy. He is the only one who doesn't bother to dedicate 90% of his show to football.

When the Cubs piss away an especially painful game, the next day he's can't miss radio. When they have a big win, I'd rather be waterboarded than have to listen.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
I don't get the hate for Murphy. He is the only one who doesn't bother to dedicate 90% of his show to football.

Yeah he dedicates 90% of his show to lame sound effects and him saying .com over and over again.

I can handle Murph's Cub love, but I can no longer tolerate,

The way he will take a call, then not let the caller say anything. It is hard to explain but the minute a caller starts talking, Murph is trying to interrupt him, if you don't want to hear what he has to say... don't take the call Murph. It is like Murph thinks he needs to be talking 99.99% of the time.

And of course, the ads will drive you ape s***.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
I can handle Murph's Cub love, but I can no longer tolerate,

The way he will take a call, then not let the caller say anything. It is hard to explain but the minute a caller starts talking, Murph is trying to interrupt him, if you don't want to hear what he has to say... don't take the call Murph. It is like Murph thinks he needs to be talking 99.99% of the time.

And of course, the ads will drive you ape s***.

and not only callers, he interrupts guests just as bad. I have heard Stone and Hub both get pissed at him during their segments because he is always cutting them off and trying to finish their sentences. You are correct, this is his worst trait of all of his little annoying traits

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)
If you're driving between 7-10 turn the dial to the score because Jason Goff is really good. Easily my favorite show.

I don't like basketball that much, but Goff talking Bulls is great, I don't know why.

As far as everything else goes, I'm 22 and I consider myself a Score guy. I generally try and stay anyway from anything ESPN, but I don't mind listening to Tirico and Van Pelt if they are talking about the right topic. rBut the only show I really follow and listen to everyday is Boers and Bernstein. They're hilarious, straightforward, and honest. I like that they put dumb callers in their place, because calling into a radio show has about the same anonymity as posting opinions on the internet. Dan Patrick is also pretty good on 670. Also, sometimes the weekend guys on the score are not all that bad.

I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to Murph talk about who should lead off for the Cubs.