Lineup

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
Pretty soon it will be Getz/Alexei as the 1/2 punch with Anderson being pretty much the regular CF (unless we make a trade).

And Fields is going to be breaking in to that 456 area sooner than we think.

QUOTE (sweatpants @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
Instead of taking shots at Wise maybe we should be taking shots at the general manager for not finding a better option. Is it really Wise's fault he is on this team? He's a .214 career hitter, what do you expect.

Completely agree and it goes in line with a post I just made in the wise thread.

I could actually see Josh Fields hitting lead off on this team, with Getz second. But Ramirez at the top would also be okay with me. The Wise/Anderson mix has to hit last, with Anderson getting more than half the time in the field.

I also think Quentin is going to take a little bit to come around offensively again. I would have no trouble flipping him with Dye to start the year. When he starts to hit, move him back up.

My other move would be to drop Konerko down to 8th unless he proves he's out of last year's slump. Look at all the hitters who are better than Paulie -- Quentin, Thome, Dye, Ramirez. All should hit ahead of him. So should the 1 + 2 hitters. And so should AJ for lefty/righty balance. That leaves Konerko 8th. If he wants to move up, he's got to get his OPS back up into the .800s or better.

My lineup would be:

R Fields or Ramirez

L Getz

R Dye

L Thome

R Quentin

R Fields or Ramirez

L Pierzynski

R Konerko

R/L Anderson/Wise

QUOTE (sweatpants @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
Instead of taking shots at Wise maybe we should be taking shots at the general manager for not finding a better option. Is it really Wise's fault he is on this team? He's a .214 career hitter, what do you expect.

Still don't have a problem with giving him a shot as a platoon player given how he hit last season and in ST. Just don't want him hitting leadoff.

Konerko ripped the ball in ST and was one of our best hitters.

There's no way he should be hitting 8th. They didn't even do that to him last year when he was battling three separate injuries at various times during the season.

If you go by the last 6 weeks or so of the season when he was healthy and his spring performance, there's no reason NOT to expect a 850-900 OPS.

He was hitting 6th today, I'm fine with that...but you don't give a declining AJ more AB's than Paul Konerko, who you're paying $13+ million per season to be a run producer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Still don't have a problem with giving him a shot as a platoon player given how he hit last season and in ST. Just don't want him hitting leadoff.

Completely agree. Wise has good speed, is some-what clutch, and has some pop in his bat. His D is decent as well. I personally don't mind him as a platoon player in CF batting 9th. However, I'd prefer to see Anderson as the main starter getting around 60% of the playing time.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
Completely agree. Wise has good speed, is some-what clutch, and has some pop in his bat. His D is decent as well. I personally don't mind him as a platoon player in CF batting 9th. However, I'd prefer to see Anderson as the main starter getting around 60% of the playing time.

Yea, we didn't start Timo Perez and let him hit leadoff...but he was a nice 5th OF.

Pretty soon it will be Getz/Alexei as the 1/2 punch with Anderson being pretty much the regular CF (unless we make a trade).

I'm not so sure Ozzie is that sensible. The fact Wise is where he's at in the first place I think is proof enough of that.