Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

They call him (Aromashodu?) D.A. SO i suggest we do that too since we'll be talking about this guy quite a bit. Holy f*** is he good.

Good game by Chris Williams, he got help alot, but really looked like a legit LT against the best end IMO in the NFL.

Oh, and Suck it Brett.

Edited by RockRaines

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 12:04 AM)
Did Jared Allen play tonight? F*cking redneck

Chris Williams impressed the hell out of me tonight. I think most people forget this is essentially his rookie season. If he can play like that consistently, it's a nice way to start rebuilding the line.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Did Jared Allen play tonight? F*cking redneck

Chris Williams had a hellova game against him. Good to see moving forward as I want a young OL next season and he's the only guy I can see comming back as he is still learning.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
Hey! look what happens when you don't run it up the middle on first down everytime!!! s*** opens up you stupid f***ing coaches

The fact that our coaches/office considered cutting Aramashadu should cost all of them their jobs

Agree 100%, it would be one thing if that was an anomaly but it's not.

Devin Aromashodu - damn he was good.

Maybe Hester getting hurt and getting Aromashodu playing time might have been the best thing to happen to the Bears this year.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 12:07 AM)
Devin Aromashodu - damn he was good.

Maybe Hester getting hurt and getting Aromashodu playing time might have been the best thing to happen to the Bears this year.

Honestly...probably is, only competition could be finally ridding this team of Turner and possibly Lubbs

Attn Lubbie: Your timeouts do not carry over. Its a f***ing disgrace when you end a game with 3 timeouts (1 called for stupidity). Tired of his p**** football, keep playing it safe lubbs, its workin

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 12:10 AM)
Honestly...probably is, only competition could be finally ridding this team of Turner and possibly Lubbs

Attn Lubbie: Your timeouts do not carry over. Its a f***ing disgrace when you end a game with 3 timeouts (1 called for stupidity). Tired of his p**** football, keep playing it safe lubbs, its workin

I'm tired of his mental lapses when it comes to timeouts and challenges.

You know, for a conservative coach, he certainly uses timeouts and challenges liberally and stupidly.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 12:13 AM)
I'm tired of his mental lapses when it comes to timeouts and challenges.

You know, for a conservative coach, he certainly uses timeouts and challenges liberally and stupidly.

We could have had almost a minute on the clock if he used timeouts at the end of reg. We could have (if JC wasn't actually hurt) taken a shot at the endzone instead of settling for a p**** FG like we always do. So sick of that s***, go for the endzone one time, its not that difficult or dangerous. If the long ball isn't there it isn't there and you throw it away.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
We could have had almost a minute on the clock if he used timeouts at the end of reg. We could have (if JC wasn't actually hurt) taken a shot at the endzone instead of settling for a p**** FG like we always do. So sick of that s***, go for the endzone one time, its not that difficult or dangerous. If the long ball isn't there it isn't there and you throw it away.

I liked Lovie not calling his TO's there. He was riding it on his defense, and with Cutler's propensity to throw picks, I'd rather take my chances on the D stopping them on 4th and goal than on Cutler running the :45 drill.

Lots of random points about the Bears from watching last night's game.

1. Anyone who tells me the Bears don't have talent at WR doesn't know this team. Not just Aromashodu. Hester's a solid 2nd option if he's healthy, Bennett and Knox, that's 4 good receivers, several of whom could become very good with some development. They need time with Cutler in this system and coaching.

2. I've heard so many different pronunciations of Aromashodu in the last 24 hours I feel a bit dizzy.

3. The biggest thing that has hurt the Bears in the last 5 years has been the injury to Tommie Harris. And I'm not sure how they could replace him. A D-Line upgrade this offseason seems in order, but I'm not sure where to find it.

4. You were blind if you couldn't see how much this team missed Urlacher last night. In the 2nd half, it seemed like 2/3 of Favre's yards were gained on check-down passes underneath down the middle, which is typically right where your MLB plays in that system.

5. If I never hear Mike Tirico utter the phrase "Brett Favre" again it will be too soon. My God, the amount of smoke blown up that guy's arse in the 2nd half....ARGH.

6. Angelo's biggest mistake the last 5 years has been the failure to plan for the aging of his 2005-2006 offensive line. He got hurt in other places, like the extension to Harris, Brown's injuries, Grossman and Benson's failure to develop, but if you want a reason to fire him, it's the O-line. It needs reinforcements next year. Legit reinforcements, not Omiyale type backups.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 08:59 AM)
3. The biggest thing that has hurt the Bears in the last 5 years has been the injury to Tommie Harris. And I'm not sure how they could replace him. A D-Line upgrade this offseason seems in order, but I'm not sure where to find it.

I agree 100%. When Tommie plays like he did in the Super Bowl year before the injury, it makes the entire defense that much better. That position is so important in the Bears scheme. This year they thought they finally had him healthy and he would have a huge year, but he has only shown those flashes occasionally, for the most part he has been mediocre at best. That has definitely led to more struggles for the rest of the D.

While I enjoy the fact that the Bears finally won a game, they're still not a very good team. The Defense sucks (30 pts in 30 minutes?!), Forte is a bust (sorry, but it's more than just the lack of an O-line. He had multiple open field opportunities and just could not get the initial push past the first defender), and even though the WR's may be physically adequate, mentally they are just not there. It should not take an entire season for a QB and WR to read a defense and come up with the same reads. Some of that is lack of coaching, but it's also just a lack of knowledge of the game.

My wish for next year:

(1) Fire every coach on the team except the guys in charge of special teams. Year in and year out we've got the best special teams of anyone in the league and we simply cannot take advantage of it. The thing that gets me the most about the coaches is that Lovie has ZERO emotional reaction to anything on the field. None. A guy could make the dumbest mistake in the world and he doesn't react or say anything. I hate that. I want my team's coach to get fired up and rip that guy a new asshole so he won't do it again. And even if it doesn't work, I feel better about it because at least the coach looks like he's trying to do something.

(2) Need to upgrade the O-line. Hopefully there will be a couple of decent FA's available to fill the holes and give Cutler a little more time.

(3) Ugh, the defense. What position do we not need? I'd say linebackers, and that's about it. Everything else needs to go. Maybe keep Tillman, despite the fact that he gets beat regularly and misses tackles. People just think he's great because he has a knack for stripping the ball.

(4) If possible get a good WR (Boldin please).

That was so enjoyable to watch this team actually play like we expected at the beginning. The worst move of the offseason was obviously Orlando Pace. Now that Chris Williams is getting comfortable in his natural LT position, he's actually looking like a first rouner. Jared Allen got nothing done against him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
Vikings fans are calling for AP to be benched.

It's a testament as to how good of a running back he is that he can fumble so much, yet still get the ball 20+times a game, no questions asked. 95% of the RBs in the league would be out a job if they fumbled as much as him.