Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

A chance at history and you decide "who cares"? Weak sauce from the Colts organization. Everyone remembers the undefeated Dolphins. No one remembers the 1978 Super Bowl winner. I mean what the heck is the bye weak for? How much rest do these guys need? And since when is Manning known as injury prone?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)
A chance at history and you decide "who cares"? Weak sauce from the Colts organization. Everyone remembers the undefeated Dolphins. No one remembers the 1978 Super Bowl winner. I mean what the heck is the bye weak for? How much rest do these guys need? And since when is Manning known as injury prone?

16-0 means nothing unless you win the Super Bowl. See: Patriots, New England, 2007.

You do what you think is best for your team. Screw what the other teams think. If they had taken care of business, they wouldn't be in the position they are in (as Kyyle said).

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
16-0 means nothing unless you win the Super Bowl. See: Patriots, New England, 2007.

You do what you think is best for your team. Screw what the other teams think. If they had taken care of business, they wouldn't be in the position they are in (as Kyyle said).

This was a chance at history and they said meh. It was a slap in the face to all their die hard fans.

Hopefully with all this added rest they'll turn out like that one Shannahan led Broncos team and exit the playoffs early.

Edited by BigSqwert

Is there any team more overrated than the 72 Dolphins? Could they go .500 in today's game? I know it's difficult to compare eras in sports, but come on - the NFL of 1970 had probably 5 good teams. You can lose any day of the week in today's game. I consider the Pats going 18-0 more of a feat than the 17-0 Dolphins.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
Is there any team more overrated than the 72 Dolphins? Could they go .500 in today's game? I know it's difficult to compare eras in sports, but come on - the NFL of 1970 had probably 5 good teams. You can lose any day of the week in today's game. I consider the Pats going 18-0 more of a feat than the 17-0 Dolphins.

I was just about to post that the worst thing about this whole Peyton Manning sitting thing is that it gave the 72 Dolphins a chance to show up in the media again. Ugh, they are the biggest group of insufferable douchebags around.

I am so glad the Colts decided to call it quits on the rest of the regular season now, keeps my Dolphins as the only perfect team!!

Oh, and if there were only 5 good teams back in the 70's why didn't anyone else do it? If it was the Bears who had gone undefeated everyone would hate them too and Bears fans would defend them the same..

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
I am so glad the Colts decided to call it quits on the rest of the regular season now, keeps my Dolphins as the only perfect team!!

Oh, and if there were only 5 good teams back in the 70's why didn't anyone else do it? If it was the Bears who had gone undefeated everyone would hate them too and Bears fans would defend them the same..

Anything before Freee Agency doesnt mean as much as now. Its alot harder now for teams to be dominant.

TO with his 1000th career reception this past Sunday. I'm still hoping the Bills resign him. He's had a solid season with absolutely awful QBs, and I'm curious to see what he could do with a semi-legitimate quarterback (some type of stopgap while another QB develops). I doubt he will want to be back though.

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)

I think the part that rubs everyone the wrong way is Mercury Morris and Co dancing and popping champagne every time. Its one thing for the fans to rub it in your face, thats what they are there for, but the players should have a little more class about it.

And I understand it is only a few of the 72 Dolphins that hang on to that tradition(although it has to be getting close to the point where there arent many left, that was 37 years ago, holy cow)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
I think the part that rubs everyone the wrong way is Mercury Morris and Co dancing and popping champagne every time. Its one thing for the fans to rub it in your face, thats what they are there for, but the players should have a little more class about it.

And I understand it is only a few of the 72 Dolphins that hang on to that tradition(although it has to be getting close to the point where there arent many left, that was 37 years ago, holy cow)

Lets be honest here, you prolly wouldn't even hear about them if ESPN didn't bring it up every single time someone was on the "Path to Perfection"..

They are the ones who talk about it, they are the ones who bring Morris on TV..

I don't see anything wrong with them popping champagne once the last undefeated team falls.. what they did was obviously a very important part of history in the NFL and they are entitled to not only celebrate it, but want to remain the only ones to accomplish it.. Its not like they are at the Colts games booing them and heckling from the stands..

I still can't believe they still talk before the playoffs. The Patriots obviously tied their record in the regular season, not to mention had more wins overall than them, and of course lost in the super bowl so they didn't go "perfect" as far as the entire season. (inc. playoffs) News to Mercury, Walsh, etc.. If your gonna talk, do it in the playoffs if a team goes 16-0 since one team already did that.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
I still can't believe they still talk before the playoffs. The Patriots obviously tied their record in the regular season, not to mention had more wins overall than them, and of course lost in the super bowl so they didn't go "perfect" as far as the entire season. (inc. playoffs) News to Mercury, Walsh, etc.. If your gonna talk, do it in the playoffs if a team goes 16-0 since one team already did that.

Except the Patriots didn't go undefeated, so you're wrong they can talk about it whenever they want..

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 10:10 AM)
I think if the Colts with the Super Bowl, nobody will care about this game. But the Jets are now in at a wildcard spot. What do the other teams fighting for that playoff spot think of what the Colts did?

They should be thinking about winning as many games as the Colts

edit: already been said, I thought I was at the end of this thread.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
Lets be honest here, you prolly wouldn't even hear about them if ESPN didn't bring it up every single time someone was on the "Path to Perfection"..

I don't see anything wrong with them popping champagne once the last undefeated team falls.. what they did was obviously a very important part of history in the NFL and they are entitled to not only celebrate it, but want to remain the only ones to accomplish it.. Its not like they are at the Colts games booing them and heckling from the stands..

One of the many reasons I never watch ESPN anymore.

There was an article in Yahoo not too long ago about how the '07 Pats saved us from the obnoxious '72 Dolphins, while I was reading it I was thinking "yeah right, wait until the Saints and/or the Colts lose and we'll hear about this s*** again..."

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)

Did I miss the part where they told ESPN to leave them alone? If not, they are just as much a part of that as anyone else.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
I have never seen a team have receivers stop on routes more than this years Bears team.

I'll give Bennett and Knox a pass on this since it's Bennett's first full year, and Knox is a rookie. There is a learning curve for WRs.