AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Heads22

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
Ok, guys. We've won two games in a row. If we win tomorrow, its called a winning streak. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

...and two shutouts in a row! The pitching is on...let's go offense... get everyone back on track! (this means you Fields!...and you TCQ!)

QUOTE (Disco72 @ May 23, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
...and two shutouts in a row! The pitching is on...let's go offense... get everyone back on track! (this means you Fields!...and you TCQ!)

Why was Q taken out? It couldn't have been for defense. Q is a better left fielder than Pods, or at least I think so.

Nice outing for Richard. Really impressed me with his velocity. I didn't know he can throw 6 innings and still bring it at 95. Alexei looks like he's back.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
Why was Q taken out? It couldn't have been for defense. Q is a better left fielder than Pods, or at least I think so.

Nice outing for Richard. Really impressed me with his velocity. I didn't know he can throw 6 innings and still bring it at 95. Alexei looks like he's back.

I believe Cora just said that they took him out because the Sox had the lead and they don't want to push Q when he's not 100%. Cora also said Q would be in the lineup tomorrow.

I'm glad we won, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves. It is the pirates and they look absolutely pitiful. They have two decent looking hitters in Nate McClouth and Andy LaRoche. Morgan doesn't look to bad either. But the rest of the hitters look awful.

Plus, the offense isn't quite there. A total of 6 runs vs. 2 average pitchers.

However, hopefully the W's lead to some momentum for us.

Edited by BearSox

Nice win.

Clayton looked great on my TV. Good to excellent fastball at times and he baffled their lefties nicely.

He pitched well IMO.

And Lexi at least for that one at bat raked that pitch into the seats making me hopeful he's really gonna heat up just as he did last year.

I will say in watching the game, I'm sort of amazed we didn't knock out that starter. Some of those pitches we take at the plate were screaming, hit me. I swear a lot of pitches our guys took were as meaty as the one Dye deposited late.

Nice win. And for those of us praying we are contenders, Detroit lost.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
That's four out of five since hitting rock bottom in Toronto. That's how you creep back into things.

I kinda thought losing 20-1 was rock bottom...

Meanwhile, I like CR but I don't think his value is in the AL. He will have a nice career in the NL. It would be great though if he can be a mainstay in the rotation this season.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
The pen has only on rare occasions worked better then it has tonight, the Pirates broadcasters were in love.

Nyjer Morgan vs. Matt Thornton was just plain unfair.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 24, 2009 -> 12:06 AM)
So I've noticed on Baseball Tonight they are starting to use "He Gawn" a lot.

All i know is that if i have to hear "Fill thine horn with oil and goooo" one more time, i'm going to stab Steve Bertheume in the neck with a pencil

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:15 PM)
I'm glad we won, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves. It is the pirates and they look absolutely pitiful. They have two decent looking hitters in Nate McClouth and Andy LaRoche. Morgan doesn't look to bad either. But the rest of the hitters look awful.

Plus, the offense isn't quite there. A total of 6 runs vs. 2 average pitchers.

However, hopefully the W's lead to some momentum for us.

Pretty much says it all here. I can't remember the last time I was less enthused by a couple of White Sox wins. It's gonna take an extended run (at least a couple weeks worth of games) before I fool myself into even semi-thinking this team has a legit shot at anything. Very good to see Alexi waking the f*** up. Let's hope Q gets the memo soon. As for Pods, Anderson and Fields? Well, I'll just say they're better hitters than me.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 23, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
I kinda thought losing 20-1 was rock bottom...

Meanwhile, I like CR but I don't think his value is in the AL. He will have a nice career in the NL. It would be great though if he can be a mainstay in the rotation this season.

i could see that happening for sure. . I think CR will establish himself as a solid 4/5 starter in our rotation this summer. Now if KW could somehow go out and find a right handed starting pitcher w/o giving up CR, our rotation is set for many years.

Buerhle, ???, Danks, Floyd, Richard

Hmmm whose out there. . . . start looking at teams with losing records Sox fans...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
Pretty much says it all here. I can't remember the last time I was less enthused by a couple of White Sox wins. It's gonna take an extended run (at least a couple weeks worth of games) before I fool myself into even semi-thinking this team has a legit shot at anything. Very good to see Alexi waking the f*** up. Let's hope Q gets the memo soon. As for Pods, Anderson and Fields? Well, I'll just say they're better hitters than me.

I think I could strike out less than Fields.

Edited by BearSox