5/26 Games

flavum

QUOTE (beautox @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
danks goes deep!!!

what is everyone's opinion on his floor, median and ceiling?

I'd say his ceiling is a Grady Sizemore type player. Not sure about his floor and median though.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
Are we facing the 3rd member of the rangers vaunted dvd pitching prospects, diamond, or is that a different one. either way im glad we got the good d from them

Beckham-Allen-Danks = B.A.D.

Edit: For the pitchers it's harder. We should wait until the end of this season at least.

Poreda, Carter, Hudson, Shirek, Infante, Jones, Upchurch, Leesman, Santeliz, etc... We need to give it more time to come up with something for the pitchers.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 26, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
I'm glad its not just me. I see a lot to like in him.

Also, random off topic...

What is up with David Cook? Put aside for a moment the whole age and not-a-prospect thing, and let's just look at his AA numbers in 2008 and 2009:

2008: .313/.467/.577/1.044 (which is just sick, especially in that ballpark)

2009: .218/.353/.435/.788

How does that happen? Was his injury late last year something chronic? Does he have a flaw in his approach that the league figured out (which may also explain the Sox sending him back down to AA)? Something else? His IsoBB is still nearly the same: .135 this year, .154 last year, both very good numbers. but his AVG and slugging are way, way down. And he's better protected in this lineup.

Theories?

He changed his batting stance, he's hitting lower in the order (he hit 3,4 or 5 last year), I doubt he expected to be back in B'ham, everyone was shocked to see him here, his approach seems the same though. Maybe he's pressing.

Jordan appears very good at baseball.

i think his floor is a player similar to Coco Crisp

if i had to choose a median for him i would say David Dejesus

and for ceiling i would say Nick Markakis as his ceiling if the power develops and he can control the zone going forward

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2009 -> 06:35 AM)
Jordan's BABIP has to be well over .400. That's simply not going to last. Will see where he is a month or so from now.

it's .500. pretty high line drive rate too though, plus he's a lefty with good speed, so yeah it'll regress but those two facts should help him maintain a high average (assuming he maintains that LD%).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:55 AM)
I mean, the kid is what, 6'4", plays a plus CF and hits for avg and some pop? There hasnt been many of those in our system.

Looks like 6'6" when you see him in person.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:35 AM)
Jordan's BABIP has to be well over .400. That's simply not going to last. Will see where he is a month or so from now.

Why can't you accept the fact that he is the greatest player ever?

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
Why can't you accept the fact that he is the greatest player ever?

I never thought I would see the day where you would bestow that honor upon another player.

QUOTE (beautox @ May 26, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
danks goes deep!!!

what is everyone's opinion on his floor, median and ceiling?

Danks floor is a good defensive outfielder. Not quite a BA, but a guy that has a bench spot. His median is a Mark Kotsay type of player and his ceiling is a Sizemore or Granderson. Yes, he's that f***ing good of an athlete. This is coming from someone whose raved about him long before he was in the Sox system.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
Danks floor is a good defensive outfielder. Not quite a BA, but a guy that has a bench spot. His median is a Mark Kotsay type of player and his ceiling is a Sizemore or Granderson. Yes, he's that f***ing good of an athlete. This is coming from someone whose raved about him long before he was in the Sox system.

I'll take a young Mark Kotsay and be ecstatic about it. More than that is just gravy.

Didn't Danks light up the Cape Cod League or was that Beckham.

Either way they hit in the wood bat league and if it was Danks maybe he for whatever reason is a better pro player than a college player.

Create any stat you want to downplay him. Sizemore and Granderson like to strike out as much as anyone.