Gordon Beckham Called Up

flavum

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
Keep in mind; Matt Wieters is 3 for 21 to start his major league career. Just temper your enthusiasm a bit.

I really hope he doesn't start off cold...solely because I don't want to risk giving Ozzie any excuses to Anderson him.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
Josh Fields only lost his job because Gordon Beckham was hitting .500+ at AAA.

Hopefully Josh does what he needs to do, keeps working, doesn't get the full Anderson, and next year he's right back at 3b with Beckham up the middle somewhere.

As I said earlier, Josh could have done more to keep his job, but he really lost his job because Betemit really could only DH and they aren't going to call up Beckham to not play every day and Getz and Nix are the types of guys they don't have much of in the order. Fields is the odd man out even though he's been doing better, and I thought tonight looked especially improved. Konerko isn't going to get a lot of time off. Josh will be in the majority of the time IMO when Beckham plays 2B and he may DH against certain LHP.

Nice, Gordon mostly at 3B and getting some time in the middle infield with Fields backing up the corners. I think we'll see Fields traded very soon though.

Hopefully we can get something from a NL team for Betemit. He's surely gonna garner some interest from the NL.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
Keep in mind; Matt Wieters is 3 for 21 to start his major league career. Just temper your enthusiasm a bit.

Gordo has the hair of a champion. I also think he should be in our damn banner once he homers tomorrow. :aussie:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
I really hope he doesn't start off cold...solely because I don't want to risk giving Ozzie any excuses to Anderson him.

I don't see how that's even possible. This isn't the kind of player you dick around with and Ozzie should know that.

Too bad that they don't have a position for him but I think that he's mentally tough enough to handle moving around until things finally shake out and the see what position he will best serve the team and also what position he's most skilled at. Good luck Gordo.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
I heard. I'm so excited!! Finally a very high (top 10), can't miss spect WE developed has arrived.

"we developed" is a very loose term here. He was pretty much a finished product coming out of college and raked since he's joined our organization. He's played, what, 65 games in our system?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
I heard. I'm so excited!! Finally a very high (top 10), can't miss spect WE developed has arrived.

No one is can't miss. Don't get too caught up in this, as excited as this is.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
"we developed" is a very loose term here. He was pretty much a finished product coming out of college and raked since he's joined our organization. He's played, what, 65 games in our system?

He did make a change in his swing in the Arizona Fall League. If that was on his own or someone from the White Sox idea, I have no clue, but after he made the adjustment scouts who were lukewarm on him, and there were several, all changed to can't miss.