White sox shutouts...

qwerty

I feel bad for Rongey, the calls tonight are going to be beyond what most human beings consider thoughtless, and will be of epic proportions

and damn score web feed not switching to the f***ing post-game after the game ends, get rid of these f***ing interns that suck

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Walker has needed to be fired since August of 2006. He's an absolute joke of a hitting coach, but it's clear that he could kill 3 people tomorrow and his job will still be safe, so that's a waste of breath. Although really, if you aren't going to fire your hitting coach when you're on pace to be shut out 27 times, you'll NEVER fire him. In fact, if you aren't going to fire him now, what's the point of even having a hitting coach? The only defense of Greg Walker right now is "these guys are professionals", which is a dumb argument anyway. If that's the case, there should be no hitting coaches, period.

However, with that all said, there is somebody who needs to be fired before Greg Walker and that's our advanced scouts. It's clear they do an absolutely awful job, and if they got canned tomorrow it would be a good thing.

ha. i love this from ozzie:

Guillen, who has used 40 different lineups this season in 54 games, clearly is still searching for answers.

"Maybe I can go out and pick a name out of a hat and hope for the best," Guillen said. "No matter where I play them, it's the same results."

well maybe do you think part of the problem is that you used 40 different lineups!?!?!?

secondly:

"As soon as DeRosa hit the home run, it was a bad feeling in my stomach," Guillen said. "I knew we were not going to win this game, and that's not a good feeling to have when you're managing a ballclub."

what a leader.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
why all of the sudden does our pitching suck? they were good for so long and then, kablooey!

last 4 games

5 runs, 5 runs, 7 runs, 6 runs

Be the stopper tomorrow Gavin

I'm worried about Danks. Not sure what his overall numbers are since those near flawless three starts to begin the season, but I'm certain they're pretty damn bad. It'd be really nice to get Floyd AND Danks pitching well at the same time.

what a leader.

Give me a break. What do you want Oz to say? It's part of his job to talk to the media.

He's a damn fine leader. And how do you expect him to have a set lineup with this collection of players that include many who don't deserve to be in the league, combined with many injuries?

Our team has not had an outspoken leader forever. Paulie I guess came close in that article during our last slide when he pointed out some team problems in a calm tone. He said a lot, but really nothing. Oz is the team leader; always has been. He's the only leader.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:17 AM)
I'd rather us suck in 2010 then if that's the case and draft Bryce Harper in 2011 than suck this year.

We wouldn't draft him. That kid is probably gonna get more money than Strasburg.

Also, he might be elligible for the 2010 draft, depending on what he and his family decides to do.

We wouldn't draft him. That kid is probably gonna get more money than Strasburg.

Also, he might be elligible for the 2010 draft, depending on what he and his family decides to do.

I was more or less talking hypothetically. And yes if his agent is Boras, he will be ridiculously rich and unproven.

one losing streak and the team should sell...one winning period, and the team is going to be in first place by the end of the home stand (first stated by Dick Allen, agreed upon by many, so I have no ill-will in that as I either agreed or had no problem with the prediction)...another 4 game losing streak, and half hearted, though slightly serious remarks towards the 2010 draft.

Jesus f***. Let the season play out.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 05:37 AM)
one losing streak and the team should sell...one winning period, and the team is going to be in first place by the end of the home stand (first stated by Dick Allen, agreed upon by many, so I have no ill-will in that as I either agreed or had no problem with the prediction)...another 4 game losing streak, and half hearted, though slightly serious remarks towards the 2010 draft.

Jesus f***. Let the season play out.

Shutouts should be in the mid 20's by then! :gosoxretro:

danks does have serious problem and needs be addressed. listening to dj and farmie they pointed out really clearly what is wrong with him. If you noticed he was tipping his pitches in wind up and when he was in stretch he felt more comfortable. the home run to hafner, farmier was calling it out that hafner was in dugout smiling saying i knew that was coming

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 05:48 AM)
Greg Walker has needed to be fired since August of 2006. He's an absolute joke of a hitting coach, but it's clear that he could kill 3 people tomorrow and his job will still be safe, so that's a waste of breath. Although really, if you aren't going to fire your hitting coach when you're on pace to be shut out 27 times, you'll NEVER fire him. In fact, if you aren't going to fire him now, what's the point of even having a hitting coach? The only defense of Greg Walker right now is "these guys are professionals", which is a dumb argument anyway. If that's the case, there should be no hitting coaches, period.

However, with that all said, there is somebody who needs to be fired before Greg Walker and that's our advanced scouts. It's clear they do an absolutely awful job, and if they got canned tomorrow it would be a good thing.

Great post

First off, would everyone feel a lot better if the scores the last 2 nights were 7-1 and 6-1 avoiding 2 shutouts? Frankly, look at the line-ups those days and tell me how many runs you expected the team to score. Getting shut out by Adam Eaton was embarrassing, but if that's on Walker, the Texas hitting coach, the guy everyone seems to think is God, had his team shutout by Dontrelle Willis this season.

I think Greg Walker will look a lot smarter when and if Quentin returns to the line-up if he's at full strength, Dye gets back, and Beckham gets comfortable being a major leaguer. Right now, especially if Dye isn't playing, this is an offense that isn't going to cause a pitcher much stress. Last night, Pods doesn't strike fear into anyone, Ramirez is going to swing at anything close, Thome and Konerko are the stressful part, AJP can do some damage but he doesn't make you work, Beckham just started, BA,Wise struggle, Getz has been struggling and is hurt. There's not much there. What hitting coach in the universe is going to have that team score 7 runs last night? If you're going to have a roster where Dewayne Wise led off, Brent Lillibridge led off, now the released Scotty Pods is leading off, featuring a couple of rookies with guys like Wise and BA and even Ramirez struggling a lot of the time, your hitting coach, no matter who it may be, is not going to look very good.

As bad as the hitting has been these last couple of games, why does the pitching get a pass? They would have had to score at least 8 to win Thursday and at least 7 to win Friday.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 08:01 AM)
First off, would everyone feel a lot better if the scores the last 2 nights were 7-1 and 6-1 avoiding 2 shutouts? Frankly, look at the line-ups those days and tell me how many runs you expected the team to score. Getting shut out by Adam Eaton was embarrassing, but if that's on Walker, the Texas hitting coach, the guy everyone seems to think is God, had his team shutout by Dontrelle Willis this season.

I think Greg Walker will look a lot smarter when and if Quentin returns to the line-up if he's at full strength, Dye gets back, and Beckham gets comfortable being a major leaguer. Right now, especially if Dye isn't playing, this is an offense that isn't going to cause a pitcher much stress. Last night, Pods doesn't strike fear into anyone, Ramirez is going to swing at anything close, Thome and Konerko are the stressful part, AJP can do some damage but he doesn't make you work, Beckham just started, BA,Wise struggle, Getz has been struggling and is hurt. There's not much there. What hitting coach in the universe is going to have that team score 7 runs last night? If you're going to have a roster where Dewayne Wise led off, Brent Lillibridge led off, now the released Scotty Pods is leading off, featuring a couple of rookies with guys like Wise and BA and even Ramirez struggling a lot of the time, your hitting coach, no matter who it may be, is not going to look very good.

As bad as the hitting has been these last couple of games, why does the pitching get a pass? They would have had to score at least 8 to win Thursday and at least 7 to win Friday.

no, we wouldn't feel better. frankly, i'm so glad we got shut out because it means we're that much closer to something being done about it. and to me, the number one example of why Walker should be fired happened last night. After that second AB where Beckham swung at the first pitch. Walker should have IMMEDIATELY gone to the kid and told him not to do that again. But obviously he didn't, because we all know what happened in AB 3. Where the f*** is Walker?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:25 AM)
I was more or less talking hypothetically. And yes if his agent is Boras, he will be ridiculously rich and unproven.

He's also one of the better offensive prospects of the decade. Unless, he has some serious competition, we'd have no choice but to take him.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
no, we wouldn't feel better. frankly, i'm so glad we got shut out because it means we're that much closer to something being done about it. and to me, the number one example of why Walker should be fired happened last night. After that second AB where Beckham swung at the first pitch. Walker should have IMMEDIATELY gone to the kid and told him not to do that again. But obviously he didn't, because we all know what happened in AB 3. Where the f*** is Walker?

He was probably telling him to swing away at anything he wants.

There is stat being thrown around that if Saturday's game ends with the Sox being shut out it will be the first time since July1969 the team has been shut out three consecutive games. There are so many firsts of a negative nature this year with this team it is getting pretty embarassing

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
There is stat being thrown around that if Saturday's game ends with the Sox being shut out it will be the first time since July1969 the team has been shut out three consecutive games. There are so many firsts of a negative nature this year with this team it is getting pretty embarassing

07-21-1968 through 07-24-1968... and they were shut out three consecutive games TWICE that season.