Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
43/50.

Man, 2000 was a bad draft.

But I lean towards Bosh wanting to be the man, he'd be more "the man" in Chicago than Miami, where he wills always be behind Wade.

Obviously Rose is loved, but he'd be bigger in Chicago.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 04:04 PM)
Ya I got 40/50. Totally forgot some names I should had gotten. 03 and 08 drafts of course were very good.

44/50. I forgot

Skittivanilli, Jeff Green, Ricky Rubio, Andrea Bargnani, Darius Miles, and Devin Harris. I could picture Rubio, Green, Harris, and Bargnani

, but the names never would come to me.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
http://www.sporcle.com/games/rickem78/nbatop5

Top 5 Lottery picks since 2000.

49/50.

But you know what? I was pissed b/c I could picture the guy I forgot (he's from last year's draft). I just couldn't think of his name for the life of me. Had 2:30 left with one name to go and couldn't think of it -

Ricky Rubio.

Edited by dasox24

My mind is so messed up right now that I blanked out on tyrus thomas :lol: I was like who was that asshole on the Bulls these past few years??? What's his name again??? pax traded aldridge for him!! All because he jumped high and had a decent little run at lsu in the Tournament. He wears black and white Hyperdunks! You saw him when he went to the opening of your little brother's school's library!! NBA cares!! Think, Sleepy, think...

Sorry, I need sleep...

Anyways, only one that really stumped me was '02. Completely forgot gooden was a top 5 pick and 'shvili was the only guy I couldn't even picture, let alone name.

Pretty cool when you can picture the player to the point where you remember him getting drafted and watching him play, at times witnessing his transformation into a bust, yet the name escapes you...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Agreed.

If anyone thinks Kirk is truly terrible, watch Pargo.

The Bulls need to win out from here on if they want any shot at the playoffs.

I would rather go with a rookie, or any of the third stringers. Hell play Acie Law.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
I still don't get why he isn't getting that many minutes.

Vinnie has trust issues.

It's the same reason why JJ (wasn't) and Alexander aren't getting minutes. Because he doesn't know if he can trust them yet.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
Amare would be perfect for the squad in my opinion. Again, not a huge fan of Bosh as he plays in the high post anyway and we need someone thicker like Amare who rather throw it down on someone's head, but is able to hit the jumper on the pick and pop.

Bosh can't hit a jumper? I'd rather have a big man who can play at least passable defense.

Off topic, but just watched "More Than A Game", the documentary on the LeBron James high school team. LeBron could of played on the varsity when he was 12. Crazy seeing footage of him flying around.

It was a fun watch, but I like how they never really talked about how all these kids picked where to play high school and were probably illegally playing together in high school.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Bosh can't hit a jumper? I'd rather have a big man who can play at least passable defense.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
Is this the same Chris Bosh that is a Center for the Raptors who averages almost 37 percent from 3 point land this year LOL?

You guys are totally missing the point of his post, he prefers Amare because he feels that Stoudemire is more aggressive and will finish better inside, the jumpers is a seperate thought.

However, one also has to take into account that Bosh has to create a larger percentage of his own shots since he doesn't have Steve Nash setting him up. Add in that he's about a year and a half younger, is a better defender and rebounder (not saying much) and doesn't have the knee injury in his past to worry about, I'd lean pretty strongly towards Bosh.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)

I stated he plays the high post. Of course he can hit the jumper. That's his offense. Face up game, jumper in your eye. Amare, while he doesn't have the same range(Bosh can stroke it from 3), he also plays with a lot more intensity and has no problems playing in the post. He does a damn good job of doing that too. My problem is, everyone's been wanting a low post presence for years. Bosh isn't that. Amare is. Both are good players, but I'd take Amare over him.

Zoom summed it up perfectly in what I was trying to say.

Tis true, Bosh can set up his own offense, but we have Derrick to create for him. Isn't that why we wanted Ben gone? So Rose can operate? Also, I think both of them are on par defensively(suckage), but give Bosh the nod in rebounding. I prefer the low post option to the shooting of Bosh.

Edited by nitetrain8601

I wouldn't say either of them are really back to the basket scorers, there aren't many of those left in the league. Amare is mostly a finisher at the rim and a spot-up guy that thrives off the pick and roll while Bosh is more of a shooter/driver at the power forward spot.

Either way, they have almost the exact same percentage of their shots coming in the immediate basket area this season. Amare does convert at a higher percentage when there, but Nash likely has something to do with that. The issue is not that Rose wouldn't be the offensive facilitator, neither Bosh or Amare would do that. The issue is that Amare already plays with arguably the best one in the league while Bosh has played with TJ Ford and Jose Calderon. That skews their offensive efficiency numbers a bit. How many more easy looks per game does Amare get that wouldn't be there with a less efficient or more scoring oriented point guard? 2? 3? 7? That's a scary number to think about if you acquire him.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
I stated he plays the high post. Of course he can hit the jumper. That's his offense. Face up game, jumper in your eye. Amare, while he doesn't have the same range(Bosh can stroke it from 3), he also plays with a lot more intensity and has no problems playing in the post. He does a damn good job of doing that too. My problem is, everyone's been wanting a low post presence for years. Bosh isn't that. Amare is. Both are good players, but I'd take Amare over him.

Zoom summed it up perfectly in what I was trying to say.

Tis true, Bosh can set up his own offense, but we have Derrick to create for him. Isn't that why we wanted Ben gone? So Rose can operate? Also, I think both of them are on par defensively(suckage), but give Bosh the nod in rebounding. I prefer the low post option to the shooting of Bosh.

Injury history, age, shooting, rebounding, defense. Still taking Bosh, I don't think its too much of a stretch to think Bosh could dunk off a pick n roll with Nash. I also want a guy who will crash the boards with Noah to put back the drives that Rose misses over a guy who has a "fantastic" night with 8 boards.