Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
I don't think there's any circumstance in which the Lakers would deal Kobe right now. I can't imagine they'd even work with you on a sign and trade.

Maybe if it involved them getting Rose.

Or Kobe telling them he is leaving for nothing if they don't...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)

The only way that works is if he's able to sign with one of the teams that have cap room and stuff to trade for him that equals his contract. Unless the Lakers have an interest in Deng (oh please oh please oh please) the Bulls would still need someone to help them on a sign and trade taking on a very large contract.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
The only way that works is if he's able to sign with one of the teams that have cap room and stuff to trade for him that equals his contract. Unless the Lakers have an interest in Deng (oh please oh please oh please) the Bulls would still need someone to help them on a sign and trade taking on a very large contract.

If the Timberwolves are serious about dumping Jefferson another option the Bulls could look into is signing either Wade or JJ and trading Deng and a 1st or whatever for Jefferson. I actually really like James Johnson and think he might even be better for the team if the Bulls can land Wade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)

He still has another year left. He could be traded here, we sign [insert superstar], and then later use Larry Bird rights to extend Kobe at full price.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:02 AM)
If the Bulls could move Deng, I'd take ANYTHING back for him.

Worst case scenario, straight up move Jefferson for Deng...the Bulls wind up saving money in 2013/2014.

I wish they had traded him for an expiring contract this year before the deadline, but whatever.

I think Johnson can match his production, so if we could trade Deng for bench pieces, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
I wish they had traded him for an expiring contract this year before the deadline, but whatever.

I still struggle to imagine any team taking on that contract without the Bulls throwing in a serious sweetener. And a mid-10's pick is not a sweetener.

You could probably move him if you packaged him with Noah or Rose, or this offseason if you took back a worse contract and blew all your cap space on that rather than on a FA (and there aren't many that are worse).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)

I think Johnson can match his production, so if we could trade Deng for bench pieces, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

No one is going to trade an expiring contract for Deng. Just forget it. It is impossible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 01:06 AM)

I don't think there's any chance at all of Kobe leaving.

He's playing with argubly the best team in the NBA, could be about to win back to back championships, and they have the core in Artest, Odom, Bynum and Gasol locked up long - term around him. And it's likely that Phil Jackson is going to stay on for at least another season after this one.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Keep on losing. I'd rather have a shot, even if it's a small one, at a top 5 pick.

We either have to lose every game from here on out and for the Clippers to actually go on a win streak to even get a small % in the lottery. Bucks will probably swap for our 11th pick anyway.

Bulls always do a great job selling the top tier FA in games don't they? (James, Wade, Bosh all won in blowouts) The only team they usually do well in games are the Suns (Amar'e) but that is one of the few FA I would rather not give the max to. I'm sure the guys will look more into the teams than the games itself, but it sucks we can't at least give them a show.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
No one is going to trade an expiring contract for Deng. Just forget it. It is impossible.

Nothing is impossible!

Except that, but you know, a guy can hope.

He'll be tradeable in what, 4 years when he becomes an expiring, which is no fun at all.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
CDR have a problem with Joe Alexander? They've been going at it every since Alexander got in the game.

Did West Virginia take out Memphis early on or something? Or maybe he's mad WV is in the final four. :D

Good win for the Bulls. Nets are probably the only team that if you told me Rose would have 7 points and the Bulls would still win, I would believe it.

BTW I love the distributing Rose tonight, not to mention guys making shots for him. (5 rebounds 9 assist guy)

Edited by SoxAce