Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
Oh, and just to add insult to injury.. (no pun intended)

James Johnson has a plantar fascia tear in his right foot. Though I'm sure Vinny would use Pargo, Flip, etc.. as a SF long before Alexander.

Thats tough, I definitely think Johnson has a bright future and being able to see his ability late in season makes me wonder why he was getting no minutes to begin it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fire the team foot doctor.

And let Alexander get some minutes for chrissake. There are no other SF's usable with JJ out.

Who needs a big time FA PF?

Gibson is becoming a good piece, but not that good Sam Smith.

How's this for a bench (if we can afford it):

PG - Acie Law

SG - Xavier Henry (if he falls to us)

SF - James Johnson/Joe Alexander

PF - Taj Gibson/Chris Richard

C - Brad Miller/Omer Asik

Law, Richard & Alexander could all be brought back on cheap deals, Brad might be obtainable for $3M, and hopefully Henry or another usable SG falls to us.

Edited by Quinarvy

I think Miller's almost a lock to bolt for Houston this off-season to rejoin Rick Adelman as some Yao insurance, but we'll wait and see on that.

Alexander's not a NBA caliber player at this point, he'll be lucky to stay on with the Bulls next season.

The Bulls hit on Gibson though, and they have him locked up for another 3 years at a good rate right?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)
I think Miller's almost a lock to bolt for Houston this off-season to rejoin Rick Adelman as some Yao insurance, but we'll wait and see on that.

Alexander's not a NBA caliber player at this point, he'll be lucky to stay on with the Bulls next season.

The Bulls hit on Gibson though, and they have him locked up for another 3 years at a good rate right?

I think both Gibson and Johnson have shown to be solid picks for the Bulls, I also agree with bringing back Law and if he is available would love Henry in the draft.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)

Maybe, but Brad really seems to like it here.

Plus, he'd still get regular minutes, but not enough to bug his knees that much.

Plus, I'd love to keep him as a Lindsey Hunter type player-coach, since early this year Noah and Gibson talked about how they love having brad to teach them. He could possibly help Asik & Richard (though obviously not to the degree of Gibson & Noah).

As for Alexander, I really don't feel like he's been given a chance (like Johnson earlier this season)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Bulls win today. Toronto lost, so the Bulls are half a game back.

If the Bulls overcome the Raptors and get into the playoffs, does that increase, decrease, or do nothing to their Bosh hopes?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
If the Bulls overcome the Raptors and get into the playoffs, does that increase, decrease, or do nothing to their Bosh hopes?

It can't hurt. They had in the paper today where Bosh ripped into some teammates in a loss last week.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)

I think the only thing the Bulls overcoming the Raptors would do is make it more likely that Bosh joins Wade in Miami.

Because there's a much greater chance he joins Wade in Miami than coming to Chicago, because he has a superstar to play with. Of course if Miami signs Amare instead, that's all moot.

Rose is good, but he's not at that level yet.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
Because there's a much greater chance he joins Wade in Miami than coming to Chicago, because he has a superstar to play with. Of course if Miami signs Amare instead, that's all moot.

I'm not wholly buying that argument yet. Bosh made it clear he want's to be "the man." Now whatever that means to him is irrelevant, because Miami or Chicago, he won't be "the man" but he'd be more prominent in Chicago, no doubt.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
I'm not wholly buying that argument yet. Bosh made it clear he want's to be "the man." Now whatever that means to him is irrelevant, because Miami or Chicago, he won't be "the man" but he'd be more prominent in Chicago, no doubt.

Does it matter if you're "The man" on a team that is fighting for the 8th spot every year?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)

Amare isn't a free agent is he?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
Does it matter if you're "The man" on a team that is fighting for the 8th spot every year?

If the bulls were able to add Bosh I think they would be much better than just fighting for the 8th spot every year. Im not saying tops in the east, but i think they would be much more competitive

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
If the bulls were able to add Bosh I think they would be much better than just fighting for the 8th spot every year. Im not saying tops in the east, but i think they would be much more competitive

Not what we were saying. SF1 suggested that Bosh would want to go somewhere that he would be "The man", the #1 option. I responded by noting...if he's the #1 option, the best that team is going to do is compete for the bottom of the playoff hunt every year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
Not what we were saying. SF1 suggested that Bosh would want to go somewhere that he would be "The man", the #1 option. I responded by noting...if he's the #1 option, the best that team is going to do is compete for the bottom of the playoff hunt every year.

Oh I see. I agree, if he wants to be the man somewhere, he probably would be in a situation similar to what he has now. If he wants to join the Bulls, it would immediately improve his current situation(IMO)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
Oh I see. I agree, if he wants to be the man somewhere, he probably would be in a situation similar to what he has now. If he wants to join the Bulls, it would immediately improve his current situation(IMO)

Exactly. I can't think of a single situation in the NBA in the past 20 years where there's been one guy who has carried a team to a title on his own without another legit star next to him. Jordan had Pippen. Shaq and Kobe. Kobe and Gasol. Duncan and all the other guys he's had. Wade and Shaq. The 5 pistons. The 3 Celtics.

The "I need to be the man" concept is a guaranteed loser. If he wants that, then I'd almost rather not have him, because that's moronic.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
He's got a player option.

He's said once or twice he's thinking of not opting out, but I think he'll almost certainly wind up doing so, in order to get a contract locked in before the new CBA hits or there's a lockout.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
The "I need to be the man" concept is a guaranteed loser. If he wants that, then I'd almost rather not have him, because that's moronic.

He can still have that here though. Even if the "I need to the man" option isn't good, he can be "the man" here playing next to Rose who is more of a facilitator anyway. I would think that would also increase Rose's assist numbers and overall development playing next to a superstar as well (and decreasing his scoring since he wouldn't have to score as much for the team to win) He can be the Batman next to Rose's Robin.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
He can still have that here though. Even if the "I need to the man" option isn't good, he can be "the man" here playing next to Rose who is more of a facilitator anyway. I would think that would also increase Rose's assist numbers and overall development playing next to a superstar as well (and decreasing his scoring since he wouldn't have to score as much for the team to win) He can be the Batman next to Rose's Rodman.

Was that intentional? :lolhitting