Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
I absolutely loved Law in college but his NBA career has been disastrous.

Ditto. Thats why I still hold out hope. But he hardly never plays. I still can't believe the bobcats didn't put him (and make him stay) in the D-League.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
Say what? The Rockets made out like bandits. They received Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, Jared Jefferies, the right to swap 2011 1st round picks and the Knicks 2012 1st round pick from what I understand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

Did you see how much money they took on? How the hell are they gonig to be any good? I guess if Yao comes back they'll be better, but they have a lot of highly paid wing players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
Funny, I feel the same with Joe Alexander. I actually like Warrick though.

We mind as well play Alexander, Law and Warrick to see if any of them stick. I wouldn't mind bringing some of them back on "minimal" contracts after going after the major free agents.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
We mind as well play Alexander, Law and Warrick to see if any of them stick. I wouldn't mind bringing some of them back on "minimal" contracts after going after the major free agents.

As of now, Law and Alexander are mega busts. Warrick is meh. And the Bulls swapping draft picks for this year probably won't be much of a reality because I still think the Bulls make the playoffs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Did you see how much money they took on? How the hell are they gonig to be any good? I guess if Yao comes back they'll be better, but they have a lot of highly paid wing players.

None of the contracts are terrible. Jeffries only has one year left on his deal and Martin is getting paid good money for good production. Jordan Hill still has the potential to be a nice PF in the future, and the 1st round pick switch and 1st round pick addition are helpful of course.

However, I do think that NY will end up with Lebron and Bosh this offseason, so the picks could be very low 1st round picks. I'm also guessing that Bosh gave Houston the impression he wasn't interested in signing.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
If Hinrich is still a Bull later on today Gar/Pax should be fired. I don't care if the Lakers offered Morrison straight up for Hinrich, you have to jump on that.

The problem is that deal won't work. The only other guy the Lakers can offer is Sasha and Sasha will make a good chunk of money still and the Bulls dont' want that.

So if you are going to keep salary, you might as well keep Hinrich cause he's 1000 times the player that Sasha is (and I like Sasha and actually think he'd be a good fit cause he's a good shooter).

I'm skipping class to be home for the deadline. I'm sure it'll be uneventful like most other years, but we'll see. As of right now, I'm extremely pleased with what the Bulls have done in getting rid of Tyrus and Salmons.

I am however, extremely worried about New York and Miami being our competitors this off-season for the top FA, and it seems even the Clippers have some money to spend. We however, have Derrick Rose, and they do not.

Hollinger is saying Hinrich won't be moved and Chicago radio is reporting that Del Negro was lobbying for the Bulls to keep Hinrich.

Hinrich on the team makes them a pretty good favorite to make the playoffs, but if you move him and can get to that 2 max position, do it, otherwise keep him.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
Great/risky move by the Knicks. Could end up with a mega tandem or a complete fail and decimated roster.

The Knicks really didn't give up that much. They are gonna spend money on two guys no matter what this off-season. It just might not be the 2 they want so either way it isn't as if they will be in a lottery position anyway (so those picks most likely won't be as valuable).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
The Knicks really didn't give up that much. They are gonna spend money on two guys no matter what this off-season. It just might not be the 2 they want so either way it isn't as if they will be in a lottery position anyway (so those picks most likely won't be as valuable).

The thing is there roster has very little to offer in the way of enticing free agents.

What happens if Wade+1 Max go to Miami, LBJ stays in Cleveland, another max to the Bulls, and another max to the Clips.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
The thing is there roster has very little to offer in the way of enticing free agents

Do they really need other players to entice free agents? They have the money, the NY media, and the up-tempo coach. They could have a team full of Aaron Gray's, and they'd still be a contender for Free Agents.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
Great/risky move by the Knicks. Could end up with a mega tandem or a complete fail and decimated roster.

I think the latter will happen. They will have to spend a lot of the money but it wont be on anybody named James, Bosh, or Wade. Maybe Joe Johnson, but that wont get em too far with the rest of the team they have.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
Do they really need other players to entice free agents? They have the money, the NY media, and the up-tempo coach. They could have a team full of Aaron Gray's, and they'd still be a contender for Free Agents.

If they miss out on LBJ, Wade, or Bosh then no matter how much money they throw around they aren't gonna win anything. And they could quite easily miss out on those 3

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
The thing is there roster has very little to offer in the way of enticing free agents.

What happens if Wade+1 Max go to Miami, LBJ stays in Cleveland, another max to the Bulls, and another max to the Clips.

I completely agree.

I actually think the three best teams to offer are as follows:

Heat - If Wade resigns and they have enough for another max, clearly they would be huge

Chicago - Might have 2 max's plus Rose/Noah/Deng; Worse case you have 1 max plus Rose/Noah/Deng/Hinrich. Pretty f***ing solid

Clippers - Eric Gordon/Blake Griffin - Griffin will be a stud. Add Baron Davis (who is still solid), Kaman and the ability to offer 1 max and again, very solid

Nets - Devin Harris and Lopez are pretty nice pieces, lots of money and a pending move into Brooklyn gives them a pretty big market to play in as well

Knicks - Huge market, but all of the above offer that too; s*** for talent to surruond the guys with but lots of money and a top coach.

Hinrich is not moving. His contract is too awful for any NBA team to take one. Looking on the brightside we still have a playoff team in the East and adding 1 or 2 free agents in offseason is reasonable with the core we have compared to the Knicks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
I completely agree.

I actually think the three best teams to offer are as follows:

Heat - If Wade resigns and they have enough for another max, clearly they would be huge

Chicago - Might have 2 max's plus Rose/Noah/Deng; Worse case you have 1 max plus Rose/Noah/Deng/Hinrich. Pretty f***ing solid

Clippers - Eric Gordon/Blake Griffin - Griffin will be a stud. Add Baron Davis (who is still solid), Kaman and the ability to offer 1 max and again, very solid

Nets - Devin Harris and Lopez are pretty nice pieces, lots of money and a pending move into Brooklyn gives them a pretty big market to play in as well

Knicks - Huge market, but all of the above offer that too; s*** for talent to surruond the guys with but lots of money and a top coach.

Agreed. It's just truly impossible to predict how the dominoes might fall this summer.

As a Bulls fan worse case scenario is Wade+FA in Miami, 2 FAs to NYK. Even if we sign Joe Johnson we don't contend for a title.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
I think the latter will happen. They will have to spend a lot of the money but it wont be on anybody named James, Bosh, or Wade. Maybe Joe Johnson, but that wont get em too far with the rest of the team they have.

Johnson is a better fit in Chicago and he wants to win. If Johnson goes to New York, he'll be on a s***ty team where he's the star, but they go nowhere.

To me the best fits for Chicago are the following: LBJ (DUH, best player in the NBA), Chris Bosh (big man that would be perfect with Rose/Deng), Joe Johnson (perfect 2 guard to put alongside Rose), and than Dwade.

I really feel like this team would be an instant championship contender with Bosh/Johnson and that would be almost my ideal off-season. It would be f***ing huge to add those two guys.