Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 07:05 AM)
Hypothetically, if Hinrich were moved and the Bulls did not take back any contracts that extend into next season, that would leave the Bulls with 5 players under contract for next year and a Q.O. on Thomas unless he's also dealt. The total salary commit for the Bulls next year would be 22.86 million. If the Cap winds up at $56 million and the Bulls have no draft holds, they could afford to offer 2 max deals to FA's. If the cap is lower, the Bulls could offer 1 Max deal and then one deal somewhere above the MLE up to about $10 million depending on the number of draft holds, or they could use that extra space in a large sign and trade deal.

They'll be in a spot that they can do the 2nd deal as a small sign and trade to create that little extra wiggle room if needed. I still think Deng goes in the off-season, but Hinrich goes now if they can, but only if they can get a piece that keeps the team a potential playoff contender.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
ESPN 1000 right now...

KC Johnson says it'll be Warrick/Alexander... Bulls tried to get in on 3-way Houston/Sacramento deals... Bulls want to clear more salary to get two max FAs this offseason, KC doesn't think it'll happen... Bulls have told everyone in the league they aren't taking ANY contracts back... Bulls nowhere near Amare talks... Bosh won't move today... Knicks have offered Harrington for Tyrus and expiring, it's been on the table for awhile, but the Bulls want to actually get something for him other than expirings, if they want to make that deal, it's there...

They'll make the Tyrus deal at the end if they can't get anything better, because Harrington > Tyrus for this season's playoff hopes.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
Looks like Tyrus may go to Charlotte for Acie Law/Flip Murray/Future 1st.

Per Bucher.

Awesome, is Acie Law an expiring? Law would allow the Bulls to be able to move Hinrich a lot easier too. I really would love a Hinrich and filler for Tmac deal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
I'd be kinda surprised if Charlotte was willing to give up a pick that wasn't this year's. They're in position for a playoff spot this year, 2 games ahead of Milwaukee for the 8th spot, probably in no small part because of the coaching job done by Larry Brown. The odds of them being in the lottery next year, IMO, are probably higher than this year.

It probably has more to do with what the Bulls are asking for. They don't want 1st this year, they want future 1st because this years 1st would have a negative impact on there cap position.

Yahoo reporting that the Bulls have agreed to a trade which will send Tyrus Thomas to the Charlotte Bobcats for Acie Law, Flip Murray, and a future 1st round pick (Protected).

I don't know if that will be a lottery protected pick or more along the lines of a top 3 or top 5 protected pick.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...r_tyrus_thomas/

f***ing eh!!!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:02 PM)
Think Tyrus goes scorched earth on the way out?

In terms of bashing the team? Yes.

Does it make any long term difference or will it involve anything we didn't already believe about how poorly that franchise has been handled the last 4-5 years? No.

Bulls now have 16 guys on the roster. I got a feeling one more big move is left or at least Chicago hopes there is and it will likely be a mega effort to move Hinrich and others for Tracy McGrady. Hopefully it will be like Hinrich/Brad Miller and the Bulls will get the kings to buy-out Miller and get Miller back.

I'd be stoked because I'd like to think the Bulls aren't trying to get 2 spots under the cap because they think they have just a small shot at getting two max FA's. While I'd love 2 of Lebron/Wade/Bosh, I'd also be exstatic with like a Bosh/JoeJohnson combo as well. Or even a Bosh/Rudy Gay combo with the Bulls than using Deng as bait to get an Al Jefferson.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:04 PM)
Bulls now have 16 guys on the roster. I got a feeling one more big move is left or at least Chicago hopes there is and it will likely be a mega effort to move Hinrich and others for Tracy McGrady.

Can't the Bulls just drop Richard without serious loss since he's only on a 10 day contract?

I'd be stoked because I'd like to think the Bulls aren't trying to get 2 spots under the cap because they think they have just a small shot at getting two max FA's.
Unless they expect a higher cap number than I do, I think the only way that happens is if they can turn Deng into expirings, and I keep getting the impression they don't want to move him as they think he's a solid 3rd scoring option and reasonably good FA bait.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
Bulls now have 16 guys on the roster. I got a feeling one more big move is left or at least Chicago hopes there is and it will likely be a mega effort to move Hinrich and others for Tracy McGrady. Hopefully it will be like Hinrich/Brad Miller and the Bulls will get the kings to buy-out Miller and get Miller back.

I'd be stoked because I'd like to think the Bulls aren't trying to get 2 spots under the cap because they think they have just a small shot at getting two max FA's. While I'd love 2 of Lebron/Wade/Bosh, I'd also be exstatic with like a Bosh/JoeJohnson combo as well. Or even a Bosh/Rudy Gay combo with the Bulls than using Deng as bait to get an Al Jefferson.

The Bulls want Joe Johnson and Amare. Bosh isn't likely now, as he's going to go to New York likely (that's coming from a GT insider). Bosh is desperate to play in the spotlight of the Big Apple.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
Can't the Bulls just drop Richard without serious loss since he's only on a 10 day contract?

Unless they expect a higher cap number than I do, I think the only way that happens is if they can turn Deng into expirings, and I keep getting the impression they don't want to move him as they think he's a solid 3rd scoring option and reasonably good FA bait.

Well the big thing is, they might or might not want deng, it depends on who they sign. Some guys sign, Deng fits, otehr guys sign and Deng is moved to help get your final piece.

And the Bulls will be fine if they move Hinrich. It is very easy to orchestrate a small move if you are only in need of a few mill.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
The Bulls want Joe Johnson and Amare. Bosh isn't likely now, as he's going to go to New York likely (that's coming from a GT insider). Bosh is desperate to play in the spotlight of the Big Apple.

I don't buy it.

Bulls #1 push is Wade and they don't want Amare.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
And the Bulls will be fine if they move Hinrich. It is very easy to orchestrate a small move if you are only in need of a few mill.

We're talking about the difference between $22 million and $18 million there. That's not an easy thing to do, when you look at it. You couldn't come up with that difference by moving Taj and Gibson, for example.

If we're starting with a roster of:

Deng

Rose

Noah

Gibson

Johnson

That's $22.8 million. A $54 million cap and you can still only offer 1 max deal, you'd need at least $2 million more. The only guys that you could move to clear that much space are Deng, Rose, or Noah.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
We're talking about the difference between $22 million and $18 million there. That's not an easy thing to do, when you look at it. You couldn't come up with that difference by moving Taj and Gibson, for example.

If we're starting with a roster of:

Deng

Rose

Noah

Gibson

Johnson

That's $22.8 million. A $54 million cap and you can still only offer 1 max deal, you'd need at least $2 million more. The only guys that you could move to clear that much space are Deng, Rose, or Noah.

The 2nd deal will be a sign and trade of sorts, but the good news is, its very minimal salary that needs to be moved, so the Bulls could use draft picks plus James Johnson to pretty much position themselves if need be.

Every expert out there seems to think that Hinrich moving puts the Bulls in a spot that they could get two of the big 3 if needed. And if not, than they'll be fine getting one at the max and one just below the max (since they wouldn't have to go a sign/trade route).