6/21 Game Thread: Sox @ Cin - 12:10pm - WGN

knightni

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what guys, if you don't like it when Linebrink pitches, just don't watch his at bats... i mean pitches... i mean... alright you should probably just turn the game off entirely.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
So now are you all going to second guess Oz for putting in Bobby?

LMAO

Yes. His 45 pitch inning wasn't very impressive.

EDIT: mis-read it. thought it said scotty

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Liney gave up one run. Make your call right now. Who do you want in? Bobby might not have it today. So tell Oz what to do.

the difference is, Bobby IS our closer. Liney is NOT our setup man. you have to give the ball to your closer regardless, but in the 8th inning, you give it to the guy who isn't pitching like s*** at the moment.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Bye bye ballgame.That was ball one called a strike.

I want to highlight how bad this post is and make a note that in the last few days, we haven't seen as many like it. That is all.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Liney gave up one run. Make your call right now. Who do you want in? Bobby might not have it today. So tell Oz what to do.

It isnt a "call"You put your closer in for a close game, thats it.

You are trying to make this out as we are all second guessing and blah blah, when that isnt the case. Linebrink has been AWFUL for the last 2 weeks, and he has been putting the team in a position to lose the game more often than not. Look at his inning of work today, and compare it against his last 5 or so appearances. He is inneffective, no ifs ands or buts about it

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
the difference is, Bobby IS our closer. Liney is NOT our setup man. you have to give the ball to your closer regardless, but in the 8th inning, you give it to the guy who isn't pitching like s*** at the moment.

ding ding

Edited by kyyle23

Liney may suck, but I'm saying you have no idea whether anybody else would have given up more than one run. Unless you are a mindreader.

The sportswriters should ask why Oz put him in. He has a reason. He knows more baseball than anybody on here. But they won't ask him even though he'd give the reason.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
Liney may suck, but I'm saying you have no idea whether anybody else would have given up more than one run. Unless you are a mindreader.

The sportswriters should ask why Oz put him in. He has a reason. He knows more baseball than anybody on here. But they won't ask him even though he'd give the reason.

you are out on a long stretchy weak limb with almost everything here

ps. mindreaders cannot tell if a pitcher is going to give up a run either, unless the pitcher is doing it on purpose.....

Edited by kyyle23

Is Kenny telling Ozzie to play Linebrink so teams can have a look?

Because you'd be selling awfully low right now because he looks like complete s***.

I was pulling my hair out for Ozzie to get off his ass and take him out. Thank god Hernandez smoked one right at Alexei and Jerry Hairston screwed up or we'd be at least tied right now.