(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
That's why most dead pools concern themselves with dead FAMOUS people. That way it doesn't matter if your fame is due to you being a political figure, an entertainer, a renowned author, artist, scientist, etc. You're famous, and if you're dead and famous somebody gets the points and thanks for playing.

We're playing?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does that make politicians celebrities? Stephen Hawking? Chesley Sullenberger?

That's one of the problems today...we lump anyone famous into the celebrity bin.

To me...you have to be famous to be a celebrity, but you don't have to be a celebrity to be famous. So, you guys can suck it!

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
So, does that make politicians celebrities? Stephen Hawking? Chesley Sullenberger?

That's one of the problems today...we lump anyone famous into the celebrity bin.

To me...you have to be famous to be a celebrity, but you don't have to be a celebrity to be famous. So, you guys can suck it!

I believe if their death would make it into the front page section of a paper, then they are a celebrity and eligible.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
I believe if their death would make it into the front page section of a paper, then they are a celebrity and eligible.

That was about the definition we used, but not just the front page. Hell Farrah might not have been front page news. Basically if the death warranted a news story (different than obit), and you could not be famous for going to die. (Death row inmates etc.)

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
BOOM! He dead.

(not really)

You do remember last winter with my gym experience right? I was looking at that guy thinking how short life is and he can go any minute and he doesnt even realize it then he dropped dead. That was one of the stranger things to ever happen to me.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
Holy crap, whoever said Karl Malden was right. He died at some point yesterday. A great actor, RIP.

Though i could be mistaken, i believe he was dead at that point in time. Right after that post i kept seeing his death reported left and right.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...