(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 06:33 PM)
Mirra was one of the originals. Loved watching him tear up the xgames. Can't believe he is only 41. Wonder what drove him to commit suicide.

I wonder if he has CTE. Those guys take a lot of bad falls

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
Mirra was one of the originals. Loved watching him tear up the xgames. Can't believe he is only 41. Wonder what drove him to commit suicide.

He was more mid-school, than one of the originals. The sport of BMX has been around a lot longer than just the XGames.

Really sad news, having grown up racing BMX throughout the 80's/90's this has affected me and many of my close friends who knew him better than I did. RIP Miracle Boy.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 4, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
Maurice White from Earth, Wind and Fire. He was 74.

I'm really getting old.

The afterlife supergroup expands.

RIP Maurice. My aunt got me into listening to Earth, Wind and Fire when I was kid. Good stuff! Yep, that supergroup in the sky keeps on growing and I have many favorites in that supergroup.

RIP Mirra. Us BMX fans will miss you.

• 2 weeks later...

8XvaO9g.jpg

George Kennedy dead at 91.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/george-k...uke-1201718567/

George Kennedy, who won a supporting actor Oscar for his role alongside Paul Newman in the beloved film “Cool Hand Luke,” and was also a fixture of 1970s disaster movies including the “Airport” franchise and “Earthquake,” died Sunday in Boise, Idaho. He was 91. His grandson Cory Schenkel reported the death on his Facebook page.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
8XvaO9g.jpg

George Kennedy dead at 91.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/george-k...uke-1201718567/

George Kennedy, who won a supporting actor Oscar for his role alongside Paul Newman in the beloved film “Cool Hand Luke,” and was also a fixture of 1970s disaster movies including the “Airport” franchise and “Earthquake,” died Sunday in Boise, Idaho. He was 91. His grandson Cory Schenkel reported the death on his Facebook page.

Cool Hand Luke has always been and remains in my top 5 favorite films ever. Love that movie and he was great in it! R. I. P. Dragline.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
Former American Gladiator "Hawk" Lee Reherman, 49

Sounds like a stroke. Complained of a metallic taste in his mouth. Went to bed and died. Crazy

• 2 weeks later...