And this ballgame is OVA!

Balta1701

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
Danks might not rhyme with Ace, but it’s damn close enough. I don’t know when that change went from plus to phenomenal, but it’s incredible now.

I was chattin' with some Cubs fans at a bar just a few hours ago. I was wearing a Sox hat. So it wasn't hard to put two and two together. They asked me "How the hell did your GM swindle not one but two all-star caliber pitchers for crap?" They were obviously talking about Danks and Floyd. It was kinda strange. We tend to take our own team's players, managers and GM's for granted. But when you hear fans of other teams talk about your GM in that way, it's a good feeling. I hope KW is around until he simply wants to quit. He's earned that and then some.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 11:30 PM)
I was chattin' with some Cubs fans at a bar just a few hours ago. I was wearing a Sox hat. So it wasn't hard to put two and two together. They asked me "How the hell did your GM swindle not one but two all-star caliber pitchers for crap?" They were obviously talking about Danks and Floyd. It was kinda strange. We tend to take our own team's players, managers and GM's for granted. But when you hear fans of other teams talk about your GM in that way, it's a good feeling. I hope KW is around until he simply wants to quit. He's earned that and then some.

This is very true. I remember bein pissed when KW traded away McCarthy for Danks, but its turned out great (although Mccarthy's pitching decent in TX which is tough to do), and sox also got Griffey for Masset last yr. and he was key in the playoff run, and Garcia for Floyd, absolutely brilliant. I'm with you, the good decisions made by Williams have far out-weighed the bad ones, he's awesome.

I got to see the Saturday and Sunday games on WGN. Exciting to say the least. We are still in this ALCentral race that's for sure, I am not sure what the most exciting thing I saw was, but Beckham's first walk oiff win hit has got to be up there

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 11:30 PM)

He got Floyd for crap because Philly kind of gave up on Gavin. And I guess KW overwhelmed Texas in the Danks deal. Plus, I think the majority of the Sox fanbase disliked that deal as well at the time.

I don't know if this applies to Danks, but I'm pretty sure Coop had a lot to do with Floyd being what he is today. And let's not forget that Buehrle might have swayed Danks in several ways in terms of working faster and using the cutter.

QUOTE (RoyHobbs @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
Does anyone know when the official makeup day is for the Tuesday, Wrigley rainout? I had tics to the game and can't find when they plan on making it up? I hear September sometime, but no exact date.

I heard September 3, tentatively at least.

QUOTE (RoyHobbs @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
Does anyone know when the official makeup day is for the Tuesday, Wrigley rainout? I had tics to the game and can't find when they plan on making it up? I hear September sometime, but no exact date.

The Sox and Cubs have two off days in common in Sept., but there has been no official announcement made for the new date.

As much as people sometimes blast our hitters for being impatient pop up artists, didn't the Sox just jump on Zambrano early in the count? Sometimes if the meatball is there, you've got to drill it early in the count.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
He got Floyd for crap because Philly kind of gave up on Gavin. And I guess KW overwhelmed Texas in the Danks deal. Plus, I think the majority of the Sox fanbase disliked that deal as well at the time.

I don't know if this applies to Danks, but I'm pretty sure Coop had a lot to do with Floyd being what he is today. And let's not forget that Buehrle might have swayed Danks in several ways in terms of working faster and using the cutter.

I know all this. I was talking from the Cubs fans' point of view. But it's still hard for me to fathom that we got two studs who are under our control for the next 3-4 years after this one for a chronically injury-prone pitcher and a guy that's been washed up for about three years now.

Edited by Jordan4life