6/30 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough pitching matchup on paper. But we're not the same hitting team we were last time we faced Lee. Let's do this.

Clayton...we need to see at least a Q.S. out of you today. You may not win it, but I want to see you lasting 6 innings and not getting beaten up.

Otherwise, it may be time to give you a bullpen break.

Prove you're not a middle reliever like I think you are Clayton.

The Indians O sucks, and Cliff Lee despite his record is still pretty damn good (not CY Young good like last season) Hoping for a low scoring affair, like a 3-0, 2-1 kind of victory...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)

The Indians O sucks, and Cliff Lee despite his record is still pretty damn good (not CY Young good like last season) Hoping for a low scoring affair, like a 3-0, 2-1 kind of victory...

Hitting is about the only thing Cleveland does well. I don't feel too good about tonight. We need to somehow have Richard keep it close and get Lee out of the game by the 6th/7th. And then feast on that miserable bullpen.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
Where is Lee at in wins right now...about 15 or so...oh wait no that was a fluke I forgoteded.

Lee is capable of shutting the offense down for sure. Need to make him work and get to the BP.

Edited by everafan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
It would be nice to see Clayton take a step forward tonight. He needs to get out of the mode where he is 3-2 on every hitter, much like Danks was his first year up here. Quit being so fine and depend on your stuff to get batters out.

agreed. they'll tee off on him otherwise.

QUOTE (Downtown518 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
Per Mark Gonzales no Pods tonight, amongst other changes....

Nix - LF

Missle - SS

JD - RF

PK - DH

AJ - C

BA - CF

Bacon - 3B

Getz - 2B

Fields - 1B

Probably a good idea to give Pods the day off. He hasn't had a day off in awhile.

From Gammons:

Cliff Lee leads the majors in one-pitch outs with 45, which tells us that had the Indians played better defense, his record would be considerably better.

I get the feeling that some of those guys on BBTN are having a hard time letting go of their pre-season darling, the tribe.

I still don't actually know what Clayton throws besides a fastball. I've seen a ball that goes slower than his fastball, but Im not convinced it's any kind of breaking ball, perhaps just a slower fastball...

Nix - LF

Missle - SS

JD - RF

PK - DH

AJ - C

BA - CF

Bacon - 3B

Getz - 2B

Fields - 1B

Ozzie throwing in the towel tonight?

Nix - LF

Missle - SS

JD - RF

PK - DH

AJ - C

BA - CF

Bacon - 3B

Getz - 2B

Fields - 1B

I know Ozzie wants to give Pods a day off vs. the tough lefty which im more than OK with, but it seems like Nix's defensive IF prowess is wasted in LF...oh well i guess he's becoming a jack of all trades....its just really a damn shame we didn't at least try Alexei in CF/LF in ST because defensively he sucks at SS and that lineup would read alot better D like this....Nix 3b, Missle LF, JD RF, PK 1b, AJ C, BA CF, Beckham SS, Getz 2b, Fields DH

QUOTE (Downtown518 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)

Nix - LF

Missle - SS

JD - RF

PK - DH

AJ - C

BA - CF

Bacon - 3B

Getz - 2B

Fields - 1B

Nice to see Dye and Ramirez back out there after last night.

Is Richard going to plunk VMart in the 5th or 6th?

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)

The Indians have the best offense in our division FYI. They've also scored the 3rd most runs in all of baseball.

But yeah, their O sucks....

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
The Indians have the best offense in our division FYI. They've also scored the 3rd most runs in all of baseball.

But yeah, their O sucks....

Making Gavin's start even more impressive, as they have a lineup built to destroy righties. Gavin needs to keep us in the game tonight, and this would be an absolutely huge win for the psyche.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Making Gavin's start even more impressive, as they have a lineup built to destroy righties. Gavin needs to keep us in the game tonight, and this would be an absolutely huge win for the psyche.

You REALLY have it in for Floyd don't you? :lolhitting