6/30 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm CSN

knightni

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
The Indians have the best offense in our division FYI. They've also scored the 3rd most runs in all of baseball.

But yeah, their O sucks....

Let me rephrase....their O sucks recently....

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
I still don't actually know what Clayton throws besides a fastball. I've seen a ball that goes slower than his fastball, but Im not convinced it's any kind of breaking ball, perhaps just a slower fastball...

You're thinking of his slider. Looks like his fastball but has downward movement. It's probably his best pitch.

Besides that he has a changeup and curve. The curve drops down to about 77-78 mph and makes his fastball much more effective, but he's had spotty command of it at the big league level, so he's not throwing it alot.

He seems like a bright kid. Let's hope he's learning alot about cutters and changeups from MB and Danks.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
79Ks, 26 walks, and a 2.92 ERA in 111 innings. He's pitching much better than his 4-6 record.

Heh, the last time I checked his stats he was very unimpressive but that was a while back. That offense must not be given him any support whatsoever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
What's he saying?

Nothing we haven't heard already, but it's great to see something in it's entirety.

- Doesn't care if players like him or not, never has. He just wants to win.

- Was able to manage Carl Everett with no problem and he was one of the most unmanagable players ever.

- If players don't want to play for Ozzie or Larussa or Torre or Piniella, then they don't want to be disciplined or work hard.

- Learned a lot from Bobby Cox, who he loves a ton.