7/9 Games

flavum

Charlotte-

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...94&sid=t494

Birmingham-

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...47&sid=t247

Winston-Salem-PPD

Kannapolis- No Mitchell, but Dexter Carter off to a good start.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...87&sid=t487

Great Falls

Bristol-

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...57&sid=t557

Edited by scenario

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colon 3 ip 1 h 0 r 0 k so far. I'd like to see a few strikeouts, but considering he hasn't pitched for a while the results look decent. Hopefully he's throwing more than 88 and has an off speed pitch to go with it.

Now its 4 ip with 1 hit. Didn't Contreras do the same thing in Charlotte. Maybe lightning can strike twice. Nah.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
Colon 3 ip 1 h 0 r 0 k so far. I'd like to see a few strikeouts, but considering he hasn't pitched for a while the results look decent. Hopefully he's throwing more than 88 and has an off speed pitch to go with it.

Now its 4 ip with 1 hit. Didn't Contreras do the same thing in Charlotte. Maybe lightning can strike twice. Nah.

yeah, but there's a little more luxury with Colon. The Count came back and has been great, so the Sox are fortunate to have 4 solid SPs right now, Colon would just have to be a 5th starter.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
Torres is in. I assume he'll go four innings.

If he doesn't, maybe the Sox are looking at Torres as a possible bullpen option. Not that there is currently any room right now though.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
Hudson, Carter, Poreda, Flowers for Halladay?

That would just about finish off our minor league system for the present. If we are going to give up Hudson and Flowers in the same deal, I would ask for Dan Haren at the very least.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
That would just about finish off our minor league system for the present. If we are going to give up Hudson and Flowers in the same deal, I would ask for Dan Haren at the very least.

I actually want Haren more then Halladay, but Halladay is the superior pitcher who would require a superior package.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
I actually want Haren more then Halladay, but Halladay is the superior pitcher who would require a superior package.

Haren is younger, and is signed through 2013 at an average rate of about 12.25M. As for the superior pitcher, it's actually much closer than you think.

Haren, 73-57, 3.55 ERA, 1,118 IP, 1068 hits, 931 K's, 247 BB's, 1.18 WHIP

Halladay, 141-69, 3.47 ERA, 1,930 IP, 1,881 hits, 1,393 K's, 437 BB's, 1.20 WHIP

I think it would require a very similar package, Scenario thinks Haren would cost more, which I could actually believe.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)

Actually Haren would require more in trade.

It's not just about quality of the player.

You have to look at the contracts.

You'd get Halladay for 1 year (2010) @ $15M.

You'd get Haren for 4 years (2010-2012 +option year) @ an average cost of less than $12M per year.

Teams always pay more to control a player longer... thus a richer package required for Haren.

(You beat me to the draw Palehosefan.) :D

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
Actually Haren would require more in trade.

It's not just about quality of the player.

You have to look at the contracts.

You'd get Halladay for 1 year (2010) @ $15M.

You'd get Haren for 4 years (2010-2012 +option year) @ an average cost of less than $12M per year.

Advantage Haren thus a richer package required.

Makes sense, i give.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Jon Gilmore with a walk-off double in the 9th for a 5-4 Kanny win.

CJ Retherford with a bases-clearing 3-run double to help Birmingham regain the lead against Mississippi. Barons up 7-3 in the 7th.

Edited by scenario