Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 07:41 AM)
I dont know what you mean, but I was addressing the small packs of jokers in the 300 level that were chanting it Tuesday night.

No all I meant was you titled it "Blackhawks Fans." No one who posts here and no actual Hawks fan starts a Detroit sucks chant at a non Detroit game. Your point is completely correct.

The jokers you saw I assume are the same jokers I see trying to start the wave. I think I can call them Cubs fans without getting any grief around here.

As an added bonus, also see "People who start a 'USA' or 'Canada sucks' chant while playing Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, etc."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
No all I meant was you titled it "Blackhawks Fans." No one who posts here and no actual Hawks fan starts a Detroit sucks chant at a non Detroit game. Your point is completely correct.

The jokers you saw I assume are the same jokers I see trying to start the wave. I think I can call them Cubs fans without getting any grief around here.

As an added bonus, also see "People who start a 'USA' or 'Canada sucks' chant while playing Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, etc."

Totally, I gotcha. Thats why most of the other fans reactions were the same as mine. Its part of the joy of being a Chicago fan, the meatball conglomerate will always be around to make the fan base look ridiculous. Its the same people that wear Cubs Suck shirts to Sox playoff games. The Bears fans that still think Ditka should have been appointed head coach for life or that "Bear Weather" actually makes the Bears play better football.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
Totally, I gotcha. Thats why most of the other fans reactions were the same as mine. Its part of the joy of being a Chicago fan, the meatball conglomerate will always be around to make the fan base look ridiculous. Its the same people that wear Cubs Suck shirts to Sox playoff games. The Bears fans that still think Ditka should have been appointed head coach for life or that "Bear Weather" actually makes the Bears play better football.

Spoiler Alert.

The meatball conglomerate is in EVERY sports city.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
Burish was supposed to be March I thought?

Yeah I think thats right, but I was just saying that that is another person that they will probably need to make room for when he comes back although that is after the trade deadline to so it could be possible that he might be able to just slide right in.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
Spoiler Alert.

The meatball conglomerate is in EVERY sports city.

Yeah. It's similar to the argument that (blank) city has the best fans. There is always going to be the truly die-hards, the bandwagon, the idiots, the apathetic, etc in every city, and in my opinion, roughly equal percentages. All fan bases are about the same, I think. Now one team may have more based on geographical location, but I think the City A has the best fans and City B has the worst fans is the most pointless argument (except when referring to the Cubs' fan ;).

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)
That was a terrible goal by Tim Thomas, he deserved to get pulled after that.

Keith's second goal? Chara's enormous ass crossed in front of Thomas right as the shot was fired. . . TT had absolutely no chance to make a save on that one.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
So are the Hawks the best team in the league right now? Is it even close? San Jose has been the only team that has really challenged us. We have pretty much paddled the East's best.

Yes, they are the best team in the league right now. There's a lot of hockey left to be played, and unfortunately an international tournament that could f*** us royally, so who knows what will actually happen.

When Huet has a bad game, he has bad game. He just gave up 3 goals in 2 minutes, 5 seconds. A 5 -1 lead goes to 5-4. Too many long rebounds.

Huet just gave up the 5th goal. Jesus christ. Now it goes to OT. Hard to believe a 5-1 lead in the 3rd is now going to OT.

Edited by southsideirish71