Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what the refs were watching in this game. I would not be surprised if Quennville says something to the media about the refs that might make him a marked man. I can't believe Wiz of all people did that. Dude we all cheered for at one time playing dirty.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:04 PM)
I think we solved out too many forward problem, Buff should play D, he's very good at it.

Yeah...no

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
its a joke that it took a guy playing in his first game as a hawk stepping in with 42 seconds left after an empty netter to see some sort of retaliation on wiz....what a frustrating loss....blown calls, terrible mistake misplaying the puck by crawford...watching the opposition make a run at one of your best defensemen and your team doing little about it

It's a one goal, then tie game...not the time to settle scores. You are still trying to win a hockey game, not sacrifice 2 points to do so.

The non-calls were terrible, but you can't make it even worse at that point.

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:43 PM)
Too frustrating as a casual fan to watch. I probably won't watch another game until the playoffs. I think the NHL is a bad product.

I think you meant to post in the NBA thread.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
its a joke that it took a guy playing in his first game as a hawk stepping in with 42 seconds left after an empty netter to see some sort of retaliation on wiz....what a frustrating loss....blown calls, terrible mistake misplaying the puck by crawford...watching the opposition make a run at one of your best defensemen and your team doing little about it

If we were up by a couple of goals I could see Egger or Burish going after Wiz, but we were in the game until the empty netter. I've always thought NHL refs are the worst officals in major league sports :angry: You leave your feet and hit someone in the head and you knock them out of the game and you get 2 minutes :huh: and after the no-call on Sopel they showed Quinville and he said the same thing I did "Unbelievable"!!

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
Foley already starting to point to the Olympics as the reason our boys are collapsing.

So now the Olympic hockey tournament ISN'T the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of sports any more, Pat?

No one gushed about the Olympics as much as Foley. He wouldn't STFU about it for a week afterward. It was sickening.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
It's a one goal, then tie game...not the time to settle scores. You are still trying to win a hockey game, not sacrifice 2 points to do so.

If it was an isolated incident I would agree but it started with Cleary last year and has now been magnified. Last night was the time to do something about it. At some time somebody needs to do something. Burish was hell bent on this when he came back and last night he, eager and Lil Buff were nowher to be seen. Sadly Brower and ladd will have to do these types of things. Eager has become worthless.

Q liked Crawford and itsounds like he could be in the mix.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
I think we solved out too many forward problem, Buff should play D, he's very good at it.

Somebody missed the breakaway that was a direct result of Buff's D-suckiness.

Now, in the general Blackhawks-concern portion of this post:

Thank God this is happening now, and not in the playoffs. The Sharks are having similar issues right now as well.

That hit on Seabrook was disgusting. Let's not forget that Wiz was retaliating after Seabs hit Perry to the head in an uncalled penalty. However, Wiz left his feat and put his elbow into Seabrook's head. Seabrook did not have the puck, and that hit came with an intent to injure.

I'm sure Seabrook is concussed, but hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later. The refs ignored a disgusting hit on Sopel later in the game, when he was also without the puck and was railroaded from behind that directly led to the game-winning goal. There seems to be a mark out on the Blackhawks, and if the refs aren't going to help, we need to figure something out.

Last night's game was a f***ing joke. The NHL needs to better police these guys or else we're going to have some big time problems. We are a team that can be bullied, and that's not good in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
Let's not forget that Wiz was retaliating after Seabs hit Perry to the head in an uncalled penalty.

It wasn't a hit to the head, and it was a correct no-call.

Wiz thought it was worse than it actually was and took a run.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
If it was an isolated incident I would agree but it started with Cleary last year and has now been magnified. Last night was the time to do something about it. At some time somebody needs to do something. Burish was hell bent on this when he came back and last night he, eager and Lil Buff were nowher to be seen. Sadly Brower and ladd will have to do these types of things. Eager has become worthless.

Q liked Crawford and itsounds like he could be in the mix.

I agree with you on Eager. He has not done anything. I believe Eddie O said Eager has only been credited with 1 hit the last 6 games. I am all for giving Bickel his spot this year but definitely next year.

Burish last night tried to put on hits but he kept missing. Brouwer tried to make a run on Wiz behind the net so I salute him for that. Our 4th line needs to wake up and put on some hits. Buff is not good at defense. I hope Boynton can provide a physical presence as he has done it in the past.

Now, in the general Blackhawks-concern portion of this post:

Thank God this is happening now, and not in the playoffs. The Sharks are having similar issues right now as well.

That hit on Seabrook was disgusting. Let's not forget that Wiz was retaliating after Seabs hit Perry to the head in an uncalled penalty. However, Wiz left his feat and put his elbow into Seabrook's head. Seabrook did not have the puck, and that hit came with an intent to injure.

I'm sure Seabrook is concussed, but hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later. The refs ignored a disgusting hit on Sopel later in the game, when he was also without the puck and was railroaded from behind that directly led to the game-winning goal. There seems to be a mark out on the Blackhawks, and if the refs aren't going to help, we need to figure something out.

Last night's game was a f***ing joke. The NHL needs to better police these guys or else we're going to have some big time problems. We are a team that can be bullied, and that's not good in the playoffs.

I agree totally, but Q is the one who is putting the stop on it. That sucks.

Def missed that, I saw him stop a few with great poke checks at the blue line however. We need a big body back there with how small the D has gotten.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
Yeah the only people calling that a hit to the head are the asshole announcers that thought Seabs was acting.

Did you hear that replay on the SCORE those could have been the most clueless asshats I have ever heard. Yep he could hit and thought let me roll my eyes into the back of my head and go limp all for the affect.

If the Hawks had won last night they would have been tied with San Jose in points with the same number of games remaining and more wins.

Edited by Jenks Heat