Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explains why they looked so bad in the Vancouver game. I don't think it's much of an issue beyond that though. They are all old enough to drink, and they are in a limo so it's not like they are driving drunk like a bunch of idiots. The only real issues here are the fact that some of them might shave their chests, and the fact that hockey players should be able to reel in better girls than that during a drunken night of fun.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
Too bad they didn't run into any hot girls :lolhitting

Quality. As Admin Emeritus I hereby nominate this post for post of the month. I also second said nomination because I suffer from split personality disorder.

Motion granted.

My brother and sister live outside of Raleigh where the Hurricanes play and there is supposed to be a big snowstorm there tonight and tomorrow. Anywhere from 6 in to a foot. Considering that last year my brother said that they canceled classes at NC State last year for 2 in, I don't think that the stands are going to be too crowded tomorrow in Carolina. He was going to go but now he doesn't know because he doesn't want to risk driving with all the people who have no idea how to drive in snow.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
My brother and sister live outside of Raleigh where the Hurricanes play and there is supposed to be a big snowstorm there tonight and tomorrow. Anywhere from 6 in to a foot. Considering that last year my brother said that they canceled classes at NC State last year for 2 in, I don't think that the stands are going to be too crowded tomorrow in Carolina. He was going to go but now he doesn't know because he doesn't want to risk driving with all the people who have no idea how to drive in snow.

Tell Ben that if he was cool, he'd drive in the storm...

I don't normally throw around trade ideas, but this is too perfect.

Rumor has it that Montreal fans and media have been so all-over Carey Price that he may be finding a new home. They have a quality backup in Jaroslav Halek. Fans and the team are disappointed with Price's "poor" play this year. (Um... what? He's saving 91% of shots while facing nearly 32 shots per game! I can't even begin to imagine how his play would pick up given our stellar defense in front of him. The kid is 22 years old and has Luongo-type pedigree... and a change of scenery would do him wonders.

If you want to give the Hawks a chance at an extended run, he should be the top priority. He would greatly improve our goaltending situation immediately, and he could be our netminder for 10+ years. Chances are they are going to want Steeger, and you can get away with sending Huet back with one year left on his contract (and a fan-base that loves him for his stellar play with the franchsie). I think you'd have to take Hamrlik back, but his contract is canceled out by Huet's and we could use a dependable 6th d-man regardless. The Hawks would obviously have to add picks (multiple 1sts if that's allowed) a guy like Skille/Beach, and maybe even more. It would not be cheap. Price makes 2.2 million this year and should net about 3 next. You could probably lock him up to one of those franchise netminder 10 year deals and be set.

Anyway, here is what I propose.

Blackhawks receive

G Carey Price (0.8 up to 2.2 with bonuses, but not a cap problem and should make about 3 next year)

D Roman Hamrlik (5.5 through 2011)

Canadiens receive

G Cristobal Huet (5.625 through 2011)

W Kris Versteeg (3.08 through 2012)

W Kyle Beach or W Jack Skille... I'd prefer to keep Beach, but whatever.

Chicago 1st

Whatever spects they need to make it work

Obviously other pieces may or may not be needed, but I think you have the framework of a solid deal on all sides. You then give the Leafs a 2nd rounder to take Sopel off your hands if you so desire.

Edited by Steve9347