Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

Hawks finally back at the UC tonight, Duncan keith bobblehead night :headbang

Niemi was supposed to start, but hes out with an illness, Huet is starting, Joe Fallon called up as the backup

Bolland is finally back, on the 4th line with Kopecky & Eager, Fraser getting the scratch today

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
Hawks finally back at the UC tonight, Duncan keith bobblehead night :headbang

Niemi was supposed to start, but hes out with an illness, Huet is starting, Joe Fallon called up as the backup

Bolland is finally back, on the 4th line with Kopecky & Eager, Fraser getting the scratch today

Joe Fallon? Uh, whatever happen to Crawford?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Joe Fallon? Uh, whatever happen to Crawford?

Crawford and Fallon's stats are virtually identical for Rockford, so maybe they just wanted to give Fallon a taste of life in the NHL, since Crawford's already been up a few times.

Fallon's 13-9-1, Crawford's 11-9-2.

Fallon's GA is 2.64. So is Crawford's.

Fallon's save % is .911. Crawford's is .912.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
That was a quiet anthem. Must be new fan night.

I said this earlier in the year especially on the lower level.

Does Huet just look really slow. It seems that his reaction time is almost nonexistant. Watch him the next game there seems to be no sense of urgency in getting into position. I really beleive the playoff run will be a short one if Huet is the guy. If they face Detroit in the first round it will be one and done.

I didnt think Huet had a bad game at all, the defense did however. He let in one goal that maybe he could have saved, the other two were ridiculous redirections, including one off Seabs shin to the very corner of the goal where Huet was screened. Keith, Seabs, Soup and Hjalms played terrible.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
I really beleive the playoff run will be a short one if Huet is the guy. If they face Detroit in the first round it will be one and done.

Given how he's played against them so far, especially that crazy Sunday game at the Joe when most of them were back, right now I think it more likely that Niemi would go against the Wings than almost any other opponent.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
I didnt think Huet had a bad game at all, the defense did however. He let in one goal that maybe he could have saved, the other two were ridiculous redirections, including one off Seabs shin to the very corner of the goal where Huet was screened. Keith, Seabs, Soup and Hjalms played terrible.

It seems every single redirected shot goes in. He is not a fan of standing on his head, that is for sure.

As good as Kovalchuk is, I don't know if acquiring him gets the Hawks much closer to winning a Cup (we'll see to see how steep a price this trade costs New Jersey). The Hawks need a goalie, and probably another defensemen, although a legitimate goalie would help a lot more than just the goals against average in my opinion.

Edited by whitesoxfan101