Obama.

TheBigHurt

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
You just insulted 90% of the soxtalk softball players. :lolhitting

And I'm pretty damn sure I'd throw like a girl in that setting, throwing off a mound at an all star game with 80,000 flashbulbs popping? I'd probably piss myself and then throw like a girl anyway.

I'd probably do the same. Or fall down flat on my face walking to the mound.

Edited by BearSox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A White Sox fan, Obama was glad to see pitcher Mark Buehrle, the only representative from the president's favorite team.

Buehrle said he didn't really believe Obama would wear a White Sox jacket to the mound.

"I looked up and I was like, 'Holy Cow, he's actually doing it.' Everybody around me was giving me a hard time saying, 'What the heck, he's wearing White Sox stuff.' That's how we roll in Chicago, we got the president behind us," Buehrle said.

Said the president: "Everybody knows I'm a White Sox fan and my wife thinks I look cute in this jacket. Between those two things, why not?"

QOTM.

QUOTE (Shamrock4Life @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
yeah slow internet through various satelites really leaves no room for streaming media either, plus the whole company's internet filter screws it all up.

What company has placed you in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

Was very cool to see the President in a Sox jacket ... that said, and I'm not questioning his legitimacy as a Sox fan, but during the Costas interview referring to the old park as Kominsky Park? Anyone else catch that?

QUOTE (SmashROT @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 07:22 AM)
Give me a break. Do you really think that Cardinal fans would even remotely be thinking during politics their shining moment? It was in the midst of the introductions of the greatest Cardinal players of all time, community allstars, and the righteous hometown steroid free savior of baseball today. The last thing on their minds was, and should have been, politics. Last night was about baseball, plain and simple. A healthy boo from an anti-Chicago baseball city is all in good fun.

i was at the game wearing a sox jersey and i can say im 99% sure that the people who booed did so for political reasons. on the jumbo tron obama gave a message...most people cheered, but some booed.....then out of nowhere the place erupted in cheer when George W. came on the jumbotron to give his message. of course a few booed, but by far the loudest applause of any ex-president was for W.....also the cardinals fans were very cordial to me, many wished the sox well in the rest of their season...as someone who was at the game i have to say im pretty sure any booing at obama was politically motivated...you have to remember st louis is in a pretty conservative area, especially when you consider not many low income poor folks attend the allstar game

I can't believe there's even debate on why people booed Obama. It's plain and simple. When you're at a baseball game most people are gonna boo the guy they didn't vote for. People are passionate about their politics. It had nothing to do with his Sox jacket. Now, like I said previously, if he were wearing a Cubs jacket the boos would certainly have been even more so.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
Was very cool to see the President in a Sox jacket ... that said, and I'm not questioning his legitimacy as a Sox fan, but during the Costas interview referring to the old park as Kominsky Park? Anyone else catch that?
President Kennedy would pronounce the country 90 miles from Florida, "Cuber". President Carter was heard to speak about nukeyer power. Our recently departed President was known to fracture the language a time or two. Anyway, he looked good in that Sox jacket. His delivery needs a little work but at least now maybe more people from the hinterlands will not automatically assume that everyone from Chicago roots for the Cubs.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)

That was a pretty common mispronunciation of Comiskey when I was growing up - and he called it Cominsky Field. Ugh. I always hated hearing kids call it Cominskey. It's like shopping at "Jewels".

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
That was a pretty common mispronunciation of Comiskey when I was growing up - and he called it Cominsky Field. Ugh. I always hated hearing kids call it Cominskey. It's like shopping at "Jewels".

Yeah, that is totally authentic southsider pronunciation.

Give me a break. Do you really think that Cardinal fans would even remotely be thinking during politics their shining moment? It was in the midst of the introductions of the greatest Cardinal players of all time, community allstars, and the righteous hometown steroid free savior of baseball today. The last thing on their minds was, and should have been, politics. Last night was about baseball, plain and simple. A healthy boo from an anti-Chicago baseball city is all in good fun.

It's a red state, and I'm not just talking about the Cardinals. Look at their presidental voting results.

284px-Missouri_Presidential_Election_Results_by_County,_2008.svg.png

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
So Obama was booed because of his Sox jacket, yet George W. Bush in his video was cheered because _______.

Fill in the blank.

In 2001 he threw a strike.

Without saying anything about the man, that was a hell of a pitch at that moment.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
It's a red state, and I'm not just talking about the Cardinals. Look at their presidental voting results.

284px-Missouri_Presidential_Election_Res

That's very misleading. Obama was within 4,000 votes of winning out of 2.9 million cast.