Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
I can look into the past where OSU lost to USC at home. It's odd to be confident when the Rose Bowl would be in LA. Forget Penn State, not talking about them.

HAHAHA. So because OSU lost to USC they have no chance of beating them if they played them in the Rose Bowl? I like your logic. I hope they do play them again with a season under their belt.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
HAHAHA. So because OSU lost to USC they have no chance of beating them if they played them in the Rose Bowl? I like your logic. I hope they do play them again with a season under their belt.

No, but it's odd to talk from a position of strength when they won in your place.

Really can't be too upset by the way Tennessee played today, though we really could have won. If not for a dumbass play by Gerald Jones stepping out of bounds on a route in the endzone, Tennesse would have had 4 more points with a TD instead of the FG they had to settle for. And then of course, the epic fail of not tackling Tebow on 3rd down in Florida territory when UT had 2 defensive players ready to tackle him behind the line, when one dove and missed and tripped the other guy. That play was lucky as s***. 99 times out of 100 the defensive players take Tebow down, and Florida punts rather than scoring a few plays later.

Chris Low (from ESPN) said it best - If Florida doesn't have Tim Tebow, they don't win that game. Or if Tennessee had some semblance of a passing game, Tennessee wins that game." Too bad we just couldn't finish. 2 FG's in the red zone can't happen when you're playing a team like Florida.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:55 PM)
"Or if Tennessee had some semblance of a passing game, Tennessee wins that game."

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it was a competitive effort from Tennessee. Their D was impressive, but they have a long way to go.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
Proud as hell of my Texas Tech guys. Tough to go into Austin and beat Texas and the refs. Over 200 yards of penalties called on Tech tonight, hilarious stuff.

I also thought that helmet to helmet contact on the QB was a flag...maybe just not in Austin.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
I also thought that helmet to helmet contact on the QB was a flag...maybe just not in Austin.

The game was an absolute mess, but in what was supposed to be a down year, Texas Tech will compete for the Big 12 title again this year, I'm excited as hell.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
love seeing non BCS schools lose when they are trying to take a BCS spot.

All BYU and Utah losing today did (and nobody should have been surprised at either of those results, outside of Florida State's final point total) is make it that Boise State will be in a BCS game when they go undefeated.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
The game was an absolute mess, but in what was supposed to be a down year, Texas Tech will compete for the Big 12 title again this year, I'm excited as hell.

At the very least, Tech (barring a weird 3 way tie that goes their way) will need to win out in league play and have Texas lose twice to make the Big 12 Championship Game. And considering neither of those is going to happen, I can't consider them a legit Big 12 title contender. They have a better team than I thought they would though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 12:53 AM)
All BYU and Utah losing today did (and nobody should have been surprised at either of those results, outside of Florida State's final point total) is make it that Boise State will be in a BCS game when they go undefeated.

Every "expert" picked FSU to get blown out by BYU. I was a tiny bit confident just because I thought we'd out athlete them, but I'm just sayin'.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 12:26 AM)
Every "expert" picked FSU to get blown out by BYU. I was a tiny bit confident just because I thought we'd out athlete them, but I'm just sayin'.

I didn't think there was any way BYU was going to beat Florida State.

Im just glad they got that loss now so they can go away and Boise State can get up to #2 and get in the title game. That way, everyone who b****es about these teams who never have a chance get to see Boise get destroyed in the Championship game and they make sure it never happens again.

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
I didn't think there was any way BYU was going to beat Florida State.

Im just glad they got that loss now so they can go away and Boise State can get up to #2 and get in the title game. That way, everyone who b****es about these teams who never have a chance get to see Boise get destroyed in the Championship game and they make sure it never happens again.

I would never want to ruin a title game just to expose Boise. Who would want to see a Florida/Texas vs Boise title game? And god forbid Boise somehow flukes out a victory.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
I would never want to ruin a title game just to expose Boise. Who would want to see a Florida/Texas vs Boise title game? And god forbid Boise somehow flukes out a victory.

Well unless there are multiple undefeated teams outside of Boise, I think that's what we will be seeing..

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 06:11 PM)
Only way Boise can get to that title game is if every one loses 2 games. Boise's schedule is a joke and there is no way the computers would put a 1 loss BCS team behind Boise State.

The only team in front of Boise who I would say has the greatest chance of not losing 2 games is Texas.. Im not counting Florida because I think they are gonna go undefeated..

If there was ever a season where a non BCS school plays for a National Title, this is it. I don't think Boise will lose a game, which is going to put them right there..

Well, I take back what I said.

Clearly the difference in the Mizzou-Furman game was the beat furman t-shirts.

Hey T-tech fan(s), if you want to go to the big 12 conference championship just move to the big 12 north. Convince your school boards to put in the text books that texas tech is ACTUALLY in the north, show the text books to the big 12 conference, and voila!

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
Hey T-tech fan(s), if you want to go to the big 12 conference championship just move to the big 12 north. Convince your school boards to put in the text books that texas tech is ACTUALLY in the north, show the text books to the big 12 conference, and voila!

I would love that, but I would also take John Blake coaching OU and John Mackovic taking over Texas again, those were good days.

haha, yeah. But nothing beats getting to play Colorado every year now. My god that program is in a tailspin that is going to be hard to get out of. It's such a cool school, too. If I was good at football I would love to play in Boulder. Not for that coach, though.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)

People picking BYU haven't actually watched them much. They can't handle elite athletes (the Oklahoma game was a perfect storm of flukes, most noteable of which was Bradford getting hurt) and we saw that exposed against Florida State. TCU will beat them later this year too, and if they play a team with elite athletes in a bowl, they'll lose again.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
People picking BYU haven't actually watched them much. They can't handle elite athletes (the Oklahoma game was a perfect storm of flukes, most noteable of which was Bradford getting hurt) and we saw that exposed against Florida State. TCU will beat them later this year too, and if they play a team with elite athletes in a bowl, they'll lose again.

BYU was able to hang with OU because the Sooners are a finesse team. It's easier for less talented teams to hang with those type teams, especially finesse teams that is breaking in 4 new O-lineman and missing their 2 best offensive weapons. FSU is a very physical team, especially on the offensive line and was able to basically manhandle BYU.