TONY PENA MAKES STEVE ANGRY.

Steve9347

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)
Sorry, Kyle, but my post in the other thread that we're winning the World Series is better than your little "going on a run" post. :lolhitting

With that said, I agree.

I cannot call the World Series as of yet. I just sense a nice run in them in the next few weeks, where they can catch 1st place and put a little distance behind them.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 12:08 AM)
If you don't know what you're talking about it's best for everyone to refrain from saying it.

2007 (aka 2 years ago)

85.1 IP

3.27 ERA

1.101 WHIP

2:1 SO:BB

30 Holds

6.6 H/9

Those numbers are terrible!!!

Not to mention he was argubly one of the best set-up relievers in baseball in the first 2 months of the season.

I still have faith that he'll be an asset over the long - term.

IIRC, he's under our control to 2011 also.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 06:02 AM)
3 runs in the last 23 innings. Pena wasn't the problem last night.

That said, glad I fell asleep during the 5th.

Well, he had something to do with it. I agree that it is about 90% on the offense, but Peña also looked terrible (something we're coming to expect of him).

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)
Yeah, the ball bounced Seattle's way a few times last night, but I'm not going to make excuses for them. Pods got picked off of third like a f'n Little Leaguer. Cox sent Nix home on a fly ball to Ichiro that wasn't nearly deep enough. And even in the middle of what looked like a dominant 10 K effort from Felix, they Sox still managed to get 6 hits and 4 walks off of him... but couldn't get a single runner in. Going 0-11 w/ RISP is f'n inexcusable. This offense hasn't even looked like it's been trying for the past week.

That's the worst part, and it seems to happen quite a bit (and I'm talking over the span of a few years).

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
he obvioulsy hasn't been great his last two times out, but being this angry at Pena about last nights game is misplacing most of the anger IMO.

Well this is true no doubt. We wasted a lot of scoring opportunities and that has been a problem this year. Sorry for Mark B that he couldn't have benefited from one run being scored behind him

There's no reason to be too angry. If a .500 team can win this division, we'll be there all season.

If it can't, we won't.

Maybe we can hang in there all the way, but I go back to Justin's article. Our team is a flirt like he said. Maybe next year we'll catch fire and be better than .500ish.

We get great pitching and suddenly we can't hit a lick.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)
There's no reason to be too angry. If a .500 team can win this division, we'll be there all season.

If it can't, we won't.

Maybe we can hang in there all the way, but I go back to Justin's article. Our team is a flirt like he said. Maybe next year we'll catch fire and be better than .500ish.

We get great pitching and suddenly we can't hit a lick.

Oh, we better be better than .500 next year...much better. If not, every member of the team should give their checks back and retire.

It doesn't really matter what happens now, what is going to matter is the two series with Detroit at the end of September that is going to decide it.

So it doesn't really matter that we spanked NY and LAA and then look pathetic against Cle and Sea.. Those two series is whats going to decide it so that when we need to be rolling and that's all that I am really concerned with right now..

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
Steve, we need more threads where you talk in first person. How about a few thread bumps too?

I could basically write all of your posts for you... just take the most homer-tone possible, and debunk anything that speaks ill of Chicago sports sans the Cubs.

/rangercal

PS, the original thread title was TONY PENA BLOWS. I can't help when mods change them... and the sentiment continues to be proven true everytime he pitches.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
He sucked in Arizona they could not wait to trade him away...............KW got took to the woodshed, Pena has not pitched 1 time for the Sox and NOT give up a run! :gosoxretro:

Didn't know it was so easy to make four incorrect statement in such a short post.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
Why did KW think it was a good idea to trade an everyday player for this ineffective pitcher?

Please tell me he doesn't have the type of contract where we'll be unable to dump him for a bag of chips this winter.

Who are the every day player and ineffective pitcher you're referencing?