AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

With the Poreda trade we realistically have a huge lefty problem if Thornton does get hurt. I fear Randy Williams could be victim to the dreaded small sample size. And it speaks to a weakness in our system that our best option after him is Wes Whistler. On a positive note, yay for Nix and Rios! You too, Pods. I hate on you, but i love you.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
I had a tirade ready to go for ozzie re: Linebrink and the freaking sacrifice bunt with Rios on first. Glad they pulled this one out on a night when MB didn't have it. Also good to see Carlos run 1st to home all out without limping afterward.

Agreed.

Pods and Bobby. Nice.

Sacrifice bunts are called for sometimes and do work sometimes, folks.

Nice clutch hit, Pods.

Linebrink must be a real headcase. Gets two easy outs then walks two guys?? Why?

Thank goodness Bobby had it tonight. Losing Game One against KC would have had the whole city ready to mutiny, at least Sox fans. The boos spoke volumes against Liney.

I'll take the win. KC sucks but s*** happens and we got the first one.

Greinke will be very tough.

It's a nice relief to have won this game. We really need it. How did the Tigers do?

On another note, go to Hell, Linebrink. You are nothing short of terrible.

And these are the kind of games that make me think Buehrle will never win a Cy Young. He has a tendency to go through stretches where he's awful, and he's the master of giving back the lead when in that funk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Sacrifice bunts are called for sometimes and do work sometimes, folks.

It wasn't Paulie or AJ on 1st, it was a guy with an 86% success rate in SB coupled with a hitter that won 2 games for you late in the last week. Not to mention, Roman Whateverhislastnamewas, threw over once and it was just a miserable move. Sox win so whatever, it just pissed me off so I had to mention it.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:11 AM)
It wasn't Paulie or AJ on 1st, it was a guy with an 86% success rate in SB coupled with a hitter that won 2 games for you late in the last week. Not to mention, Roman Whateverhislastnamewas, threw over once and it was just a miserable move. Sox win so whatever, it just pissed me off so I had to mention it.

It seems like we're the only team that doesn't try to automatically steal against relief pitchers. Most relievers it seems are very slow to the plate.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
. How did the Tigers do?

Night off. So we're 2 back, 3 in the loss column.

As for the bunt, it's simple imo, there's a better chance of Rios stealing a base than Alexei getting a bunt down, not to mention that Alexei has been great with the bat in late inning situations lately. That move just made no sense to me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:18 AM)
Night off. So we're 2 back, 3 in the loss column.

As for the bunt, it's simple imo, there's a better chance of Rios stealing a base than Alexei getting a bunt down, not to mention that Alexei has been great with the bat in late inning situations lately. That move just made no sense to me.

And that you were going to bring in Kotsay to face a LHP, and Kotsay is brutal against LHP.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
And that you were going to bring in Kotsay to face a LHP, and Kotsay is brutal against LHP.

i know ozzie made some very questionable moves today, and has this yr but i think ppl go way overboard. cmon, fire ozzie on the spot? every manager makes moves that work and that dont. ozzie is a winner and has proved it. ppl want him fired over some moves that didnt work ,jeez. anyways, we won :)