Game Thread

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:14 PM)
As long as this attitude permeates the fan base, we will never win another world series. You can only hear "you suck" so many times before you buy into it and thats all this team heard all season long. With the attitude of our fan base, I'm amazed this team is over .500 as is.....they overperformed when you face the facts. However, if they were supported day in and day out, they would likely be 20-25 games over .500 at this time (and about ready to clinch a playoff spot)

Ok, that is a ridiculous overstatement. I like your attitude and I agree with you about the negativity being tiresome and annoying, but that's just insane. What this board says and does has zero affect on the play of the players on the team.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
No clutch hitting. Below Mediocre bullpen AT BEST. Terrible defense. This formula will translate to many many lost games!!! Buy this formula now for 105 million!!!!!!

A few hours ago you were saying hitting wasn't the problem.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
I'm glad you can safely say that after playing 10 games with the Sox.

For what he is making,he better be a perennial all star every year and he hasn't even shown glimpses of that,so he can catch,big effing deal,so can BA

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
I can only assume you attempt at acting like a baseball retard is a joke.

If not, all I can say is the attitude existed on Soxtalk well before 2005. I was on this board towards the end of the 2003 season, and it was no different than now. Even in the fall of 2005 when the lead over Cleveland was shrinking many (including myself) were negative, yet they prevailed anyway. We make no difference.

Don't kid yourself. Think about it for a minute before making a reactionary statement. I joined around when you did too. The negative attitude of this board has multiplied tenfold since mid-2006.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Iamshack,

Right its a 4 game series.

So as I said, if they win the next 2 they are even for the series.

I merely meant that winning 2 of the first 3 or 1 of the first 3 isnt that huge of a difference in the grand scheme. And when you have Count and Garcia going against the Red Sox, do you really feel confident in those 2 games?

The answer should be no, and the fact Freddy kept it close should be a positive.

Honestly, if Freddy somehow outduels Lester, you have to take advantage and win the damn game. Now I think that most people here know me enough to understand that I am not a reactionary poster, I do not come into the game threads and say the team sucks or that we need to fire Ozzie or use the corpseball nonsense. But honestly, this has become disgusting. The team seemingly can do nothing right. They can't win games right now that other teams try to hand them. They can't get runners in from third base with 0 outs (let alone 1 or 2 outs), they can't hold a lead, they make several errors a game, they don't even hit home runs anymore!

I truly believe I am one of the biggest White Sox fans there are. I try to stay positive through the worst losses, the sickest streaks, the most annoying crap we have to put up with from Hawk, but honestly, I have reached my limit. This team is simply impossible to care about.

I'm not saying I won't continue to watch, because I will.

But they lost me tonight. I will not allow myself to get angry again about the 2009 Chicago White Sox. I will not allow them to ruin my day. I will not allow them to make it difficult for me be in a good mood after another loss that they should have won.

I'm sorry, but these guys don't deserve that.

2003 is completely different.

Sox added Colon and Koch and there was real enthusiasm about that team going places. They had a brutal road record, brutal AL West trip and im pretty sure gave up a few games against the Twins.

2009 there were very few expectations about the team, they were supposed to be rebuilding and now have a great pitching core that hopefully should be there for the next few years. The Sox still have more games left against the Tigers than they are back. So really all they have to do is beat the Tigers and they can win the division.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
Don't kid yourself. Think about it for a minute before making a reactionary statement. I joined around when you did too. The negative attitude of this board has multiplied tenfold since mid-2006.

I disagree. I remember times it was a LOT more negative around here.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
The Red Sox literally gave us runs today, and we still lose.

Yup.

This team is so horrible that they cant even win when the other team is gift wrapping it for them.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
I disagree. I remember times it was a LOT more negative around here.

Its never been this negative before. I think it was the worst its been earlier this season and its continually gotten badder as the weeks progressed. I don't care how good you are.....nobody is going to perform well in the face of so much "you suck" adversity.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)

It's not reactionary. If anything it was worse because back then there was no limit to what we could say about other posters and players. You ever think that the negativity of this board has increased because maybe the number of members has increased since 2003? Six more years is going to bring a lot more posters.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?&a...only=&st=20

After the first two pages there are a lot of 2004, 2005 members.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
Its never been this negative before. I think it was the worst its been earlier this season and its continually gotten badder as the weeks progressed. I don't care how good you are.....nobody is going to perform well in the face of so much "you suck" adversity.

September of 2005. It never got any worse than that.