Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Holy crap, what a comeback versus Marquette. We were down 17 points and looked like complete s***, but we still pulled it out. I don't know why I'm excited though, we're going to get raped by Ohio State.

It'll be a tough game for FSU but I dont think it'll be a blowout. It's not like the Big 10 is playing as good as everyone thought they would.

I'm starting to think the ACC has a decent shot at winning the challenge again this year.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
It'll be a tough game for FSU but I dont think it'll be a blowout. It's not like the Big 10 is playing as good as everyone thought they would.

I'm starting to think the ACC has a decent shot at winning the challenge again this year.

I hope it's close. We have a chance at beating a SEC, a Big East, and a Big 10 team over a three game span. It would be cool, but if we keep playing with our heads up our butts, we won't win. Hopefully our defense will hold up and we can cut down on the turnovers.

I'm surprised there hasn't been talk yet about the ACC/Big 10. I guess these tournaments have been so good this year that it kept people off of it.

Who does everyone have?

Monday, Nov. 30

Penn State at Virginia - Could go either way.

Tuesday, Dec. 1

Maryland at Indiana - Not confident on this one either, Maryland looked rough in their tournament.

Michigan State at North Carolina - Another toss up for me.

Northwestern at N.C. State - Don't really know much about either team.

Virginia Tech at Iowa

Wake Forest at Purdue

Wednesday, Dec. 2

Boston College at Michigan - It'll be interesting to see how Michigan rebounds from back to back losses to Marquette and Bama.

Duke at Wisconsin - Played well against Georgetown.

Florida State at Ohio State - Probably the game I'm most confident about.

Illinois at Clemson

Minnesota at Miami - Miami has looked good lately and Minnesota is coming off of back to back losses vs good teams. It'll be a good one.

I know I'm an ACC fan so it's not a shock that it's 7-4 ACC for me. However, so many of these games can go either way, I wouldn't be shocked if the Big 10 won 7-4.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)

Ohio State is a very poorly coached team with one superstar player, they are very beatable.

Carolina was very lucky to hold off Nevada at home, for Roy's 600th victory 80-73, was down with under 5 minutes to go ! Larry drew played well, he may be growing up a bit, but the other youngsters look a long way off still. Should be a ROUGH stretch with Michigan St., @ Kentucky, and @ Texas coming up. I would be surprised if they can steal one of those, but we will see .

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
Who does everyone have?

Monday, Nov. 30

Penn State at Virginia - Taylor Battle finds his stroke.

Tuesday, Dec. 1

Maryland at Indiana - Indiana is god awful.

Michigan State at North Carolina - I don't think this one will be close, UNC is still better even without Lawson and Ty.

Northwestern at N.C. State

Virginia Tech at Iowa - Blowout.

Wake Forest at Purdue

Wednesday, Dec. 2

Boston College at Michigan

Duke at Wisconsin - This is an unfair matchup, Duke should've been matched with Purdue.

Florida State at Ohio State - I'm looking forward to this one, should be close.

Illinois at Clemson - Hard to pick the Illini after bad performances vs. Bradley and Utah. This one could go either way though I feel.

Minnesota at Miami

ACC 6 Big Ten 5, should be a close challenge. Really wish Purdue played Duke though.

Maybe, finally the year for the big 11 to beat the ACC. Even with a Purdue & Mich. St. win tonight over perenial ACC upper echelon teams like Wake and UNC, which I think should happen. I'm going to predict ACC 6 Big 11 5

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Maybe, finally the year for the big 11 to beat the ACC. Even with a Purdue & Mich. St. win tonight over perenial ACC upper echelon teams like Wake and UNC, which I think should happen. I'm going to predict ACC 6 Big 11 5

I think the ACC smokes the Big 10. 8-3. The Big Ten hasnt looked great thus far this year. Next year may be better, but I think they are not quite there yet.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
I think the ACC smokes the Big 10. 8-3. The Big Ten hasnt looked great thus far this year. Next year may be better, but I think they are not quite there yet.

The ACC is a giant turd this season, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up as the 3rd or 4th rated conference. I just don't see a team with Final Four possibilities, and the Elite 8 might be stretching it.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
The ACC is a giant turd this season, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up as the 3rd or 4th rated conference. I just don't see a team with Final Four possibilities, and the Elite 8 might be stretching it.

I guess I havent watched enough of them yet. I saw Duke beat up on a UConn team that I thought was going to be really good and that may have skewed my view. I still think the Big Ten isnt as good as I thought it was going to be.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
I guess I havent watched enough of them yet. I saw Duke beat up on a UConn team that I thought was going to be really good and that may have skewed my view. I still think the Big Ten isnt as good as I thought it was going to be.

Don't look into it. UConn's best interior player wasn't even eligible yet and they played possibly the poorest game I've seen since Dyson/Thabeet/Edwards etc were freshmen.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
ISU gets 4 votes each in the AP and Coaches poll. Funny they have 3 more votes then the team they don't have a shot in hell of beating in the coaches poll, and only 1 less in the AP.

ISU should try and make the dance for once before you start taking shots. Yeah the Illini suck right now, and yes I hate them but they have a history and ISU doesn't. Also, ISU hasn't played s*** this year either and are lucky to be getting votes right now. Congrats on barely beating a consistent A-10 bottom feeder @ Redbird though.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
ISU should try and make the dance for once before you start taking shots. Yeah the Illini suck right now, and yes I hate them but they have a history and ISU doesn't. Also, ISU hasn't played s*** this year either and are lucky to be getting votes right now. Congrats on barely beating a consistent A-10 bottom feeder @ Redbird though.

Well little do you know St. Bonnie's has a legit team this year and will finish in the upper third or so of the A10 if not win it. Feel free to quote me on that at the end of the year if I'm wrong

And was not taking any shots as I've already admitted in this thread that Illinois is better then ISU(though maybe I was wrong because SIU, and ISU are both better then Bradley). I just like to poke fun at the people who say that ISU has a 1% chance of beating Illinois if they played when it's closer to 25%.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
Well little do you know St. Bonnie's has a legit team this year and will finish in the upper third or so of the A10 if not win it. Feel free to quote me on that at the end of the year if I'm wrong

And was not taking any shots as I've already admitted in this thread that Illinois is better then ISU(though maybe I was wrong because SIU, and ISU are both better then Bradley). I just like to poke fun at the people who say that ISU has a 1% chance of beating Illinois if they played when it's closer to 25%.

I know you were just waiting to say that though with how s***ty the Illini are playing so it's all good and I understand. I'll hold you to that St. Bonnie comment though