Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 12:14 PM)
Who you guys got tonight: Alcorn State or Kansas? The Braves are off to a very impressive 0-9 start with their closest loss coming by 15 points. This could be a tough one for Jimbo's Jayhawks.

Wonder who is going to keep it closer vs Kansas, Alcorn or UCLA?

I'm thinking push.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
Very happy to see the Boilermakers led by E'twaun Moore droping another 22 points take play a solid second half to pull away from Wake. I like the talent on Wake, but Guadio (spelling) seem to be lost in meshing that talent. Love Ish Smith 's quickness with the athhleticism to run the court if he can get them all on the same page.

Anyway Purdue looks like a seasoned team, that should be tough to deal with in the Big 11, even with the loss of Lew Jack.

I'm really looking forward to Purdue's showdown with West Virginia in about 4-5 weeks.

They should go unbeaten until then. Matchup with WV will be interesting.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 06:25 PM)
Is there any call in sports that refs or officials screw up as often as the charge/block call in college basketball? It is ridiculous how terrible refs are at getting that right.

It's usually a tough call. So much goes into it and you have to make a judgment right away. I'm asuming you are thinking of the one in the beginning of the game where the Clemson guy was clearly moving.

Yeah, Paul!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 06:25 PM)
Is there any call in sports that refs or officials screw up as often as the charge/block call in college basketball? It is ridiculous how terrible refs are at getting that right.

It may be the toughest call that happens with any frequency in any sport. Basketball is also the hardest sport to Ref IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
It's usually a tough call. So much goes into it and you have to make a judgment right away. I'm asuming you are thinking of the one in the beginning of the game where the Clemson guy was clearly moving.

Yeah, Paul!

That one was terrible and then Booker ran over Brandon Paul who had position for a couple of seconds and there was no call on him.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
Also, Jeff Jordan is terrible at basketball.

Watching him handle the ball in pressure is nerve wracking. Clemson getting buckets withing the paint is not good.

Michigan looks awful on defense as well.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
Illinois is just awful without McCamey

Yep, too bad the refs decided to call him for two cheap fouls and allow every other player on the court to hack and go over the back constantly. Also, if Bertrand gets healthy fairly soon I hope he just plays this year and doesn't redshirt. I never want to see Jordan on the court again.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
Thanks for nothing, Illinois/

I'm not surprised we are bad right now and really only have one guard who can really handle the ball and then DJ is solid. Paul can score but he doesn't handle it well. You take McCamey off the floor and replace him with a DIII caliber player for a half and you are in trouble against the press. With that said we would still be losing but those calls on McCamey pretty much ended any chance of Illinois winning tonight. Who calls a worse game college refs (not blaming them we really really suck) in general or NBA refs who point shave? :D

Michigan really needs to come back in the second if the Big 10 wants any chance of winning the challenge this year. Otherwise, it's just another year of failure :mellow:

Gophers appear to be up 5 at the half. I sure wish I could watch this game instead of the crappy Illinois game, but alas.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Illini back within 10. Time to put Jordan back in.

Illinois has actually completely outplayed Clemson when McCamey has been on the floor. Oh, and Brandon Paul is going to be amazing once he improves his ballhandling a little bit and learns to play D with his length and athleticism. And he is already pretty damn good as it is. Paul and Richardson are going to be fantastic players.