Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW is it just me or has this tournament really sucked outside of the first day? Obviously there have been some great games (MSU/Maryland, Xavier/KSU, etc.) but for the most part outside of the first day there has been blowouts and terrible basketball being played.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
BTW is it just me or has this tournament really sucked outside of the first day? Obviously there have been some great games (MSU/Maryland, Xavier/KSU, etc.) but for the most part outside of the first day there has been blowouts and terrible basketball being played.

There has been some hideous basketball played this year, but I do have to say that I'm enjoying the fact that a typical superpower is most likely not going to win it all this year.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Didn't he coach in the National Championship game with Memphis?

He was also in the '96 Final Four with UMass.

Memphis's season has been forfeited due to player infractions and it no longer counts, so, while Memphis made it, it doesn't count anymore.

He was there though.

If the NCAA thing was magic, Notre Dame would have been handed the 1978 National Championship trophy.

All the other members of the Final Four that year were stripped from the record books due to NCAA rules violations.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
He was there though.

If the NCAA thing was magic, Notre Dame would have been handed the 1978 National Championship trophy.

All the other members of the Final Four that year were stripped from the record books due to NCAA rules violations.

It doesnt matter if he was there, it doesnt count :lolhitting

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
Looks like Calipari still has no final 4's. :lolhitting

I love it. There's no coach I hate more than John Calipari.

At least there's always next year for Kentucky... oh wait, all of their main contributors will be in the NBA. Guess they'll be relying on freshman talent again.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Memphis's season has been forfeited due to player infractions and it no longer counts, so, while Memphis made it, it doesn't count anymore.

The national championship game doesnt count anymore either, so strike that from Kansas's record too, cause the rules say it didnt happen

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
At least there's always next year for Kentucky... oh wait, all of their main contributors will be in the NBA. Guess they'll be relying on freshman talent again.

Don't worry, I'm sure there's still money leftover to pay next year's recruiting class.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
Stat of the day

Coach K is now 12-1 in Elite Eight games.

Is it really that tough when the majority of the time he's given the weakest region of the bracket? Duke has to be the most overrated tourney team the last decade. So many high seedings with pretty awful comparative results.

Saw this nugget:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2...tory?id=5037873

Why on earth would Izzo want to leave? He's already rich, he's got one of the better programs in the nation contending on a yearly basis. Doesn't make sense.

There was a Real Sports HBO piece on Izzo a few weeks ago. Other than a six week stint as an assistant at Tulsa, he has never in his life lived outside of the state of Michigan. Oregon is trying to get some pub & interest for a big name hire, but yeah, its not gonna be Tom Izzo.

AP All-American teams announced

1st Team

John Wall

DeMarcus Cousins

Wesley Johnson

Evan Turner

Scottie Reynolds

2nd Team

James Anderson

Sherron Collins

Greivis Vasquez

Jon Scheyer

Da"Sean Butler

3rd Team

Greg Monroe

Cole Aldrich

Damion James

Luke Harangody

Darington Hobson

I would have flipped Reynolds and Anderson and not sure Collins really deserved the 2nd team this year. Would have liked to have seen Jimmer Fredette get some recognition.