Jake Peavy Update Thread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 11:32 PM)
Is there any word on his elbow problem yesterday being new or due to the line drive he took off of it?

Bad news, as it doesn't sound related to the line drive. It's unbelievably stupid that they just don't shut him down, regardless of what the tests show tomorrow. If he has a major injury to his elbow, well...I don't want to even think of that.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,2723960.story

There was no reason to make the Peavy trade when we did, while he was on the DL. Dumb.

That's an offseason type move.

Rios has simply sucked. He better get his s*** in gear. He's not hit a lick.

how do you know the prospects would have kept performing and the padres would have still traded him to us?

I can't say for sure of course, but don't you agree the move now looks stupid at best?

The guy hasn't pitched for us, we gave up some young pitchers who might have fared better in relief roles than the scum we've put out there.

The gamble was we'd be in the pennant race and he'd be the September boost we need.

I hate to second guess too much but the gamble failed. We're not in the race and his presence matters not. The other guys? They might have helped. We gave up too many bodies for a guy on the DL.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
I can't say for sure of course, but don't you agree the move now looks stupid at best?

The guy hasn't pitched for us, we gave up some young pitchers who might have fared better in relief roles than the scum we've put out there.

The gamble was we'd be in the pennant race and he'd be the September boost we need.

I hate to second guess too much but the gamble failed. We're not in the race and his presence matters not. The other guys? They might have helped. We gave up too many bodies for a guy on the DL.

Yeah, KW should have known he was gonna take a line ball off the elbow. WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!! jeesszzuzuzzzzzz

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)

No, that was just part of the "gamble." The rest of it was that Peavy would anchor this staff for the next 3-4 seasons.

Same goes for Rios. Having them on the roster was supposed to give the Sox a boost down the stretch, but the long-term implications were even more important.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Yeah, KW should have known he was gonna take a line ball off the elbow. WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!! jeesszzuzuzzzzzz

i wouldnt call him an idiot,i think kenny made that trade for 2010 and beyond and anything we got out of him this year would be a plus,but clayton richard should would have looked nice for the last week instead of jose thats for sure.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)

No, your post looks kinda stupid, but the trade was still awesome. We have several years of a top flight Ace for basically nothing prospects. What a great trade.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
There was no reason to make the Peavy trade when we did, while he was on the DL. Dumb.

That's an offseason type move.

Rios has simply sucked. He better get his s*** in gear. He's not hit a lick.

No, it's still a genius move. He bought low on an ace who is signed for 3 more season after this one.

Btw, you should go check the numbers on some of those guys we've traded.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
No, it's still a genius move. He bought low on an ace who is signed for 3 more season after this one.

Btw, you should go check the numbers on some of those guys we've traded.

Richard is a back-of-the-rotation pitcher and Poreda projected to be a LOOGY or set-up guy at best.

The only real downside to this deal is the money owed to Peavy over the next few years. And while it's substantial, it's nowhere near Barry Zito or Mike Hampton money.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
They are going to announce the results of Peavy's x rays after the game. It would seem to me if there was nothing wrong, it would be announced right away. I hope I'm wrong. Peavy will comment after the results are released.

I agree. Uggh, that doesn't sound good.

Thanks for the update.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)
They are going to announce the results of Peavy's x rays after the game. It would seem to me if there was nothing wrong, it would be announced right away. I hope I'm wrong. Peavy will comment after the results are released.

Please, please be due to the line drive and not due to ligament damage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 07:03 PM)
Please, please be due to the line drive and not due to ligament damage.

If it was ligament damage, they would probably do an MRI, wouldn't they? That is my experience with my knees and back.